First post!

Options
Hi everyone! I have been using MFP for a while on my iPod, and just recently came to the actual website to =discover these forums and all this other cool stuff! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Robin, I'm 24 and I live in Florida. I have been married for a little over a year. My husband is a teacher, and I work in freshman admissions at a university. I'm also working on my Master's degree in Applied Linguistics, and with that degree I'll be able to teach English as a second language at the college level.

I'm really happy this site has forums-- I love forums! My CW is 144, which is just about the highest I've ever been. I hit this weight once a few years ago, and I worked hard and lost it-- down to 115-- but then I have gained it all again since getting married. Blah! I have not been able to get the same level of commitment this attempt that I had last time, so I've been sort of stuck at this weight for months. I don't know if 115 is feasible goal anymore, being a few years older now, but I would like to get down to at least 125!

I'm also hoping to run a 5K in the near-ish future... as soon as it starts cooling off, I'm going to get back on the Couch to 5K plan :) Right now I'm doing the 30 Day Shred in the mornings (Day 5!) and I'm considering taking a beginning ballet class too!!

That's all about me... looking forward to getting to know everyone here!! :)

Replies

• jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I too am doing 30DS (just finished day 7) and I am starting the c to 5K today! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi there,,,,,welcome. Its a great site. I think a lot of people modify their "goals" For me, its going to depend on how I feel, I may go up or I may go down. Either way, Im striving....:) Again, welcome aboard
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :happy:

I'm just about to start 30 day shred, I have bought the DVD and I am also C25K, I've completed one run so far!
  • StarArly
    StarArly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm 26 also from Florida. Feel free to add me :)
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    Hi! I started a few weeks ago at 142, Ugh!!! My goal weight is also to get to 125.. That would be super.. I was 120 on my wedding day, and after getting married got up to 135, The funny thing is I felt way overweight then.. Now 10 years and 2 babies later.. I am ready to be 125 again.. I got down to 130 last summer for my sisters wedding, But unfortunately did more of a crash diet, and went crazy after.. So now a year later I am 10 pounds heavier, So anyway My adventure begins.. I have lost 3lbs so far and am looking forward to being 130, and Then 125.. We can do this! Its time to feel good in our own skin again!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The C25K program is great. I just finished week 7 and am participating in my first 5K on September 24th. Best of luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)