has anyone tried B12 shots?

Options
IF you tried them...did they work?
My gym has them and I was wondering if in ADDITION to exercise they are a good or bad idea?

Replies

• Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love B12 shots. They are great for your helath and energy. They are a natural way to boost your energy if you are feeling sluggish. I did not see any weight loss difference however. If you decided to get them.. ask what kind of B12 they are using as the most common B12 is cyanocobalamin which is made with cyanide!!!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I get them about once a month, if your body does not have a b12 deficiency they will not help you at all though. They are worth a try though. They do give you a little boost and help you feel healthy and more energetic which i guess will speed up your metabolism in return. I dont think i woulod get one at a gym though, make an appt with your p.c physician and they should be able to give you one for a very small price. Good Luck!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I have been taking them for 3 years (every 3 weeks) because I'm B12 deficient and I don't know what the craze is! I feel the exact same before I get one and after. I only have noticed a huge change in my energy lately from working out and eating better.
  • coracbeck
    Options
    I have to self inject every month due to pernicious anemia... I will give myself an additional injection if I feel like I need it but I don't know why anyone who could take it orally wouldn't just grab a great supplement. I would definitely try an oral solution before an injection.
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't do the shots, but I take B-12 sublingual dots every day.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have to have them once a month, But don't see to much difference in energy level.
    I havan't lost alot of weight from having them. I to am B12 deficient. Mine come from my doctor. I wouldn't think you need them if your not deficient.
  • tigerdodo
    tigerdodo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    good for you or not depends on why you want them. Given under medical advice, they will help if you have a vitamin deficiency. This craze of taking them for weight loss is crazy...not sustainable in the long run and very hard on your kidneys!
  • Kambriasgranny
    Options
    I agree......if you are going to try them, get them from a Dr...not at the gym!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Personally I never saw a difference when I got the shots a couple years ago. I take a B-100 supplement daily now though and I find that it helps with my energy levels, and I don't have that "2:30 feeling".