Down 35+ kg's in 7 months

eirrus
eirrus Posts: 11 Member
edited February 2021 in Success Stories
36r9jbp7z5zk.jpg
w7ubzjele4cd.jpg

Started at 127 --> 91,6 as of today. My goal is 86. Followed the suggested calory per day from MFP throughout, although with some rules:
  • Calories burned are logged manually, and I always underestimate them. For example, if my Garmin watch tell me that I burned 200 calories from a stroll, I log 170-180.
  • I make a basic salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) that I have with my dinner every day. And I don't count the calories. I noticed early on that I tended to skip salad in order to have a little bit more of the good stuff.
  • I walk every day. I have two dogs and a baby, so this part was really easy to uphold.

Replies

• rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Awesome transformation in only 7 months! Congratulations and good luck getting to your goal!
  • SouthWestLondon
    SouthWestLondon Posts: 134 Member
    Great job!
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Well done, you've done amazingly well! You look like a different person, you have an aura of confidence about you.
  • eirrus
    Great job!

Thank you!
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    eirrus wrote: »
    rachempoo wrote: »
    Awesome transformation in only 7 months! Congratulations and good luck getting to your goal!

Thank you! I'm pretty confident I'll reach my goal in 2-3 months time. But I imagine that I will have to keep using MFP for a long time after that as well, in order to stabilize my weight and learn how to live my life without putting on weight again. Not worried though, this method has really worked for me.

I am glad you found something that really works for you. I think you will be able to make your goal as well. Good luck and keep up the awesome work!
  • Jellygrl
    Jellygrl Posts: 112 Member
    Wow!! Awesome job!
  • slendercurves
    slendercurves Posts: 49 Member
    Wowzers! Nice!
  • eirrus
    Jellygrl wrote: »
    Wow!! Awesome job!

Thank you :)
  • eirrus
    Wowzers! Nice!

Thank you :)
  • estherjellybabe
    estherjellybabe Posts: 14 Member
    Wow that is such an amazing difference! A huge well done!!
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    and lets not forget to mention how awesome the beard looks too...
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Being able to play, I mean really play, with kiddo as they grow up. Priceless!!!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Great transformation. Nothing like a baby to keep you motivated to stay healthy.
  • davewf5
    davewf5 Posts: 2 Member
    GOOD JOB. I LEFT BUT I'M BACK BIGGER THAN EVER, I HAVE A 140 POUNDS TO LOSE, WISH ME LUCK......
  • eirrus
    davewf5 wrote: »
    GOOD JOB. I LEFT BUT I'M BACK BIGGER THAN EVER, I HAVE A 140 POUNDS TO LOSE, WISH ME LUCK......

Good luck, man!
  • eirrus
    NextPage wrote: »
    Great transformation. Nothing like a baby to keep you motivated to stay healthy.

My kids are certainly a big reason for losing the weight, for sure. I was also noticing some ominous signs. Elevated HbA1c values, hypertension, big gut --> metabolic syndrome. Scary stuff. Also started to have trouble being active. Got plantar fasciitis from jogging, had to stop for almost 6 months. So a myriad of different motivations played a role here.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Wow! You look great. Well done, really inspiring :smile:
  • JudyCoventry917
    JudyCoventry917 Posts: 4 Member
    What rate 9f loss did you choose? 2lbs a week or less?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!