5' - 5'3" women. I am looking for before and after pics for motivation

Options
I always see these before and after photos but not a lot for people my height. I am just shy of 5'2" and want to see some motivational before and after photos.

Replies

• gravityspull1
    gravityspull1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I'm 5'3" and just beginning. Having some motivation would help for sure!
  • HB0618
    HB0618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1" and roughly 190lbs. I would love to get back down to 125lbs but would be thrilled with anything under 150lbs. I have concerns about what my stomach will look like after losing this amount of weight. Most photos I see they are larger women so it is hard to compare. Is there anyone out there willing to share photos with me for motivation?
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yep! I am 4’11

oby6fzenbcpt.jpeg

This was all about a year and a half ago.... since then I’ve mainly been bulking to build muscle. I bulked up to 134.

You look fantastic! Is the third pic at 134? Or is that before you started bulking to build muscle?
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yep! I am 4’11

oby6fzenbcpt.jpeg

This was all about a year and a half ago.... since then I’ve mainly been bulking to build muscle. I bulked up to 134.

cacwk467prpt.jpeg

This was the result of my bulk....
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Yep! I am 4’11

oby6fzenbcpt.jpeg

You look fantastic! Is the third pic at 134? Or is that before you started bulking to build muscle?

That was before I started building muscle that was about 120, then I dropped a bit more and then started my bulking/building phase.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That was before I started building muscle that was about 120, then I dropped a bit more and then started my bulking/building phase.

Wow, you don't look any heavier at 132 than 117 but you look so much more toned and athletic, I would never have looked at those two photos and thought the second was 15 lbs more.
    Did you follow a particular program, or use a personal trainer?
    Any tips would be awesome. tyia
  • jennacole12
    Options

Wow, you don't look any heavier at 132 than 117 but you look so much more toned and athletic, I would never have looked at those two photos and thought the second was 15 lbs more.
    Did you follow a particular program, or use a personal trainer?
    Any tips would be awesome. tyia

I know body re-composition is a crazy thing, and when you add muscle your caloric needs go up so you can eat more 😂😍
    I lost my weight initially counting calories, after 50 lbs I started walking and eventually running using the coach25k app. I got sort of hooked and starting running races a lot and got all the way up to marathon training, but motives quickly the cardio wasn’t building my body quite the way I was wanting. That’s when I started lifting. Only things I would do different is I would have started lifting immediately and hire a coach early on to write me up a lifting split and meet with me to develop proper form early on. I spent way too much time not lifting and lifting with bad form.
  • HB0618
    HB0618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    58aum9gqf445.jpg

HW:290
    CW:167
    GW:140 and then?? (loose skin)

AMAZING!
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I am 5’3” started at 227 pounds and currently down to 203 (199 this morning but it’s not my weigh in day so I’m not counting it) I’m using my Fitbit app a lot more this time around and have seen a much bigger difference in how I’m losing. jav5d34f3ov6.png
    I’ve gone from a size 22 to size 16 in roughly 25 pounds. Last time I was able to lose weight I was 165ish pounds in a size 14. I’m focusing more on how I feel and fit into clothes more than the number on the scale. But not to say that the scale still doesn’t hold a power over me. I still get let down when I gain, now when I do, I can compare mfp and Fitbit to see any trends I may have over looked. I also don’t beat myself up for cravings or if I slip up. I log the food and try to do better.