Plateau-ing a bit....

Options
I've lost most of my COVID gained weight but definitely having trouble crashing through a particular weight barrier. Partly it's the weather -- I depend on taking long walks for exercise and that's been harder lately. But I'm encouraged to think that I can keep losing weight and getting more fit.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How long have you been a plateau? How’s your tracking of calories? Accurate? Eyeballing amounts? Or are you using a food scale to weigh everything?

Exercise is a great idea and is always encouraged but weight loss is created by being in a calorie deficit.
  • kiwilimeade
    kiwilimeade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can you try walking inside when the weather is bad? I do that when it's too dark after work to go for a walk on weekdays. I live in a small apartment but can still do small loops around the room or march in place while watching tv.
  • david020159
    david020159 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can you try walking inside when the weather is bad? I do that when it's too dark after work to go for a walk on weekdays. I live in a small apartment but can still do small loops around the room or march in place while watching tv.

In past winters I've done things like walk around Home Depot. I'm just not sure how comfortable I'd be with that right now. I'm pretty impervious to cold so as long as there's no ice on the ground (which there is and probably will be for a while), I can walk outside. I've never done walking in place but that's definitely something to think about.
  • kiwilimeade
    kiwilimeade Posts: 14 Member
    Options

In past winters I've done things like walk around Home Depot. I'm just not sure how comfortable I'd be with that right now. I'm pretty impervious to cold so as long as there's no ice on the ground (which there is and probably will be for a while), I can walk outside. I've never done walking in place but that's definitely something to think about.

Walking in home depot! I love that. I think it's the wood shavings smell in that store that I love so much. :smile: I can't do my exercise walking in stores cause I just end up shopping/standing in aisles looking at junk more than moving. Haha
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    How long have you been a plateau? How’s your tracking of calories? Accurate? Eyeballing amounts? Or are you using a food scale to weigh everything?

Exercise is a great idea and is always encouraged but weight loss is created by being in a calorie deficit.

all of that.

9nl0lcievcrc.jpg