Fun Exercise ideas?

Options
Hi! Wondering what kind of exercise you really enjoy!!! Not the stuff you feel you must do, but the fun stuff you want to!

Replies

• MissBraeBee
    MissBraeBee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me its Beat Saber, I have to stop myself some days because I love it too much haha
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I am loving some live workouts on YouTube. I do CDorner fitness and fitoutsidethebox live. Sydney Cummings has some good workouts and posts a new one every day (not live). I enjoy step, HIIT on the step, kickboxing, and cardio/strength workouts. Yvette Bachman had a lot of good workouts too.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Rebounders rawk!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    It's so subjective based on people actual viewpoints. I love training legs especially squats and leg presses. But I love kickboxing (with gloves and a bag).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • renaeelder
    renaeelder Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Errrmagherd MissBraeBee!! Me too! Play it to the point of sweat dripping on the floor! 😂
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 That's a cool idea! I may borrow it. :)
  • MissBraeBee
    Options
    renaeelder wrote: »
    Errrmagherd MissBraeBee!! Me too! Play it to the point of sweat dripping on the floor! 😂

Yaaaaas I'm so sweaty when I stop hahaha
  • renaeelder
    renaeelder Posts: 13 Member
    Options

What do you play on? If you’re Oculus I might ‘see you’ in multiplayer! My username is Seitanist 😊
  • MissBraeBee
    Options

What do you play on? If you’re Oculus I might ‘see you’ in multiplayer! My username is Seitanist 😊

I play on pc with the modded multiplayer so I can play the custom songs!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Dogs.

Hiking with them, walking them, doing agility with them. Just 'do things with dogs'.

Otherwise I think the only exercise I find fun is swimming. ...Which I prefer with, yeah, the dog. Look, when the dog is going YEEHAW THIS IS FUN I can't NOT find it fun.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dcbern17 wrote: »
    Hi! Wondering what kind of exercise you really enjoy!!! Not the stuff you feel you must do, but the fun stuff you want to!

Riding my bike (mountain or road), hiking in the mountains, walking my dog, kayaking, rock climbing (though not so much anymore), swimming and playing in my pool with my kids, jumping on the trampoline with my kids.

Basically anything that is recreationally active...that's actually most of my exercise. I hit the weight room a couple times per week, and that's really the only "gym" thing I do...everything else is just fun stuff and I stay active. I personally think being an active person in general outweighs "I must do X workout" unless you're specifically training for something. Most of my fit friends IRL are active people, and even if they do "workout", it's actually nominal compared to them just being active.
  • meb2490
    meb2490 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love step, kickboxing, weight training and bootcamp workouts. Before the pandemic I loved taking these classes at the gym. Now all my workouts are on youtube. There are so many great ones. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Step has definitely made a comeback during the pandemic. I'm interested to see if the gyms will follow suit when they reopen. Zumba classes had take over the gyms. I could only take 2 step classes a week at the gym and now I do a step class almost every day! In the warmer months I love to play tennis with my husband. We live close to a park that has 16 courts. It's so much fun. When we're done playing we take a 2 mile walk in the park to get more steps.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Kid in a candy store, me too because I felt this way yesterday when I discovered running videos on YouTube. I'm an outdoor runner but Texas got hit with snow and I'm, in essence, stuck. I walked outside to the trash bin yesterday and slid, grateful I did not fall and crack my skull on the concrete. Anyway...

I prefer to run outdoors by myself but jogging in place is nice when you're watching someone else do it because then you don't really feel so goofy or alone in the process. I do know that I don't need a video to run in place but I do enjoy running in place with someone else, wherever they are. I am 100% excuseless because I do realize so many things I can do without being outdoors or having equipment. Got a pulse? I didn't even run in shoes yesterday and neither did the instructor.

Nice job on persisting without the unnecessary extras!!!