Craving Oreos

Options
I’m trying to make healthier choices, but some habits are hard to break. Have you found a healthier chocolate cookie that’s also delicious?

Replies

• KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there's a knock off "healthy" or keto version you can find but if you can fit the 53 calories for 1 oreo into your day go for the real thing.

Better to eat 1 or 2 and satisfy your craving then binge eat them later and regret it (speaking from personal experience).
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I just looked in our pantry, and apparently Oreo makes a snack pack of mini Oreos that are 130 calories. Someone gave those to my kids, because I don't usually buy those kinds of things for them.

I sometimes make healthier versions of cookies just because they have less sugar or fat, etc., but in all honesty the calorie count is not a big difference for the difference in taste.

I have made a healthier Chocolate Chip cookie that's pretty good, but I only think it's considered healthier because it uses whole-wheat flour for at least part of it and maybe less sugar and butter.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have oreos, or some kind of cookie, nearly every night. its a habit I'm actually trying to break (but not because of what they are or the calories). I still have them, just trying to break the 'bedtime' cookie habit for other reasons LOL

i still lose weight.

as sweets go, they are actually not that bad in calories.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I like the "thin stuff" Oreos with my much less filling, and chocolate graham crackers
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I gotta get some Oreos.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Why not have a couple?

This - buy a small snack pack, log them and be done. The dollar store sells mini packs.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    They make oreo thins. I don't know the calorie content of them though. I would try to learn how to eat things you enjoy in moderation.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    KatyP86 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a knock off "healthy" or keto version you can find but if you can fit the 53 calories for 1 oreo into your day go for the real thing.

Better to eat 1 or 2 and satisfy your craving then binge eat them later and regret it (speaking from personal experience).

Eat ONE Oreo? Not this kid.

59238111.jpg

23fd48276c5767f4ac015a41d01ba9f5.jpg

14914aaeaf2fe5a4b02b5b0c3fa22c3b.jpg

887up.jpg