New to Keto, Old to Calorie Counting - Friends Wanted

Options
USAMcK
USAMcK Posts: 80 Member
Hi, all,

35, Arizona. Looking for keto and non-keto buddies.

Got about 75-100 to lose. I joined MFP back in 2010 and lost 85 lbs. Quit eating right and gained it all back these last few years. I'm completely confident in my plan and ability to be consistent. Now it's just a matter of time.

I started counting calories again and started keto a couple days ago. I've already lost nearly 5 lbs. I know the calorie deficit is leading the weight loss but the keto macro goals are helping with satiety. I don't feel hungry between meals.

I'm doing 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs. I eat a lot of big, fresh salads and it fits perfectly within my daily goals. I have been feeling keto flu so I just found out I needed to up my sodium (currently drinking a mug of veggie broth, mmm) and supplement potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin D, so now I'm taking those, too.

I'm becoming more active each day and will occasionally post workout stuff, but mostly food.

Thanks for reading my post. Cheers.

-McKay

Replies

• IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Been on and off a loose keto diet for almost 2 years now; when I'm on, I've lost about 30 lbs each time. Then I get distracted, lose discipline and balloon back up.

I just got back on MFP and am trying to get past the carb craving and the constant hunger phases.

Keep up the fight!
  • eraquel76
    eraquel76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was keto for a year and a half, lost 36lbs. I fell off the keto wagon over the last year and gained 15lbs back. Started keto again a couple weeks ago, but have only lost 5lbs. I have also started working out pretty heavy everyday...I'm thinking I need to readjust my macros to compensate for the intense workouts. I love the keto lifestyle, getting back to it has been awesome...just need to see more progress.

Cheering you on!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    USAMcK wrote: »
    Hi, all,

35, Arizona. Looking for keto and non-keto buddies.

Got about 75-100 to lose. I joined MFP back in 2010 and lost 85 lbs. Quit eating right and gained it all back these last few years. I'm completely confident in my plan and ability to be consistent. Now it's just a matter of time.

I started counting calories again and started keto a couple days ago. I've already lost nearly 5 lbs. I know the calorie deficit is leading the weight loss but the keto macro goals are helping with satiety. I don't feel hungry between meals.

I'm doing 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs. I eat a lot of big, fresh salads and it fits perfectly within my daily goals. I have been feeling keto flu so I just found out I needed to up my sodium (currently drinking a mug of veggie broth, mmm) and supplement potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin D, so now I'm taking those, too.

I'm becoming more active each day and will occasionally post workout stuff, but mostly food.

Thanks for reading my post. Cheers.

-McKay

Be very careful of supplementing with potassium and magnesium. Too much can be just as bad as too little. I would talk to your doctor prior supplementing those and instead focus on foods rich in those macronutrients. To combat keto flu, just add salt to all your foods.