Let's talk ICE CREAM

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Archer farms low can protein ice cream in Mocha cold brew 😍😍😍 I am a volume eater so air stick to lower calorie options bc I know I’m going to eat the whole pint 🤣
    hlmitq0f2jc9.jpeg

I hear ya. That's why I can't have Ben and Jerry's all the time. If I'm getting my ice cream fix from 150 calories a night, that's a win.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I've done it, but it's still not ice cream to me. Kinda like when people offer me cauliflower pizza. I like cauliflower. Just not as a crust of a pizza.

I hear ya! The nice thing about the fruit stuff is that it quells my mouth-feel/sweet/cold desire and is tummy-filling enough to not go back for seconds and thirds... and fourths! I'm afraid I don't have the discipline to bring ice cream into the house. I'll order it as dessert in a restaurant, but whatever ice cream I buy and bring home WILL be gone in 24 hours.
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Kawartha moose tracks
  • JustaNoob
    JustaNoob Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @JustaNoob that's unfortunate but good to know. Thanks! Maybe I'll try it as a dessert alternative but not think of it as "ice cream".

Oh definitely try it! I had a friend who just loved it, but I couldn't get into it. I have another friend who loves to eat a spoon of peanut butter with chocolate chips melted over a banana. Bananas are just yum.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Archer farms low can protein ice cream in Mocha cold brew 😍😍😍 I am a volume eater so air stick to lower calorie options bc I know I’m going to eat the whole pint 🤣
    hlmitq0f2jc9.jpeg

I hear ya. That's why I can't have Ben and Jerry's all the time. If I'm getting my ice cream fix from 150 calories a night, that's a win.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I love this Market Pantry cold brew stuff too! Top pick for my freezer.

When I go out, I either like a small one scoop sundae from Braum's or Baskin Robbins' "Peanut Butter N' Chocolate".
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    JustaNoob wrote: »
    Breyers Chocolate Truffle. It's so satisfying.

Oooo, DQ used to have a chocolate truffle blizzard. I'd get it like once a year, but it was so good! Felt like I needed a nap afterwards, but worth it!
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I used to be a big ice cream person as a kid. My first job as a teenager was at Dairy Queen, actually! Not because I loved ice cream, but because my friends worked there and it was a fun job. Anyway, I still love their blizzards, but maybe get them 1-2 times a year.

I kind of go in phases of wanting ice cream. My go-to flavor is probably cookies and cream with BIG chunks of Oreos, or Mint Moose Tracks.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    hlmitq0f2jc9.jpeg

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

When I go out, I either like a small one scoop sundae from Braum's or Baskin Robbins' "Peanut Butter N' Chocolate".

How much does that Market Pantry stuff cost? Cheaper than Halo top/enlightened?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    B&J's peanut butter cup Yum!
    But then again, never met an ice cream I wouldn't eat. :blush:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options

Oooo, DQ used to have a chocolate truffle blizzard. I'd get it like once a year, but it was so good! Felt like I needed a nap afterwards, but worth it!
    Hadn't had a DQ blizzard in a long time. Usually I get one with bananas, coconut and pineapple.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    hlmitq0f2jc9.jpeg

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

How much does that Market Pantry stuff cost? Cheaper than Halo top/enlightened?

At my midwestern, suburban Target store it is $3.69 and sometimes on sale for $3.50
    I think Halo Top is a little more, closer to $5
  • JustaNoob
    JustaNoob Posts: 147 Member
    Options

It's so good and I don't feel like I need a ton of it to be satisfied! It is great to close out the night.

I also love ice cream with HUGE chunks of Oreo in it. That is the kind I can't have in my house because I won't stop eating it until it is gone!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    tbogssohs50v.png

If I could still find bunny tracks, I might still be eating ice cream. Since I can’t, I’m not.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Ice cream is my favorite thing, too! Have some every night.

Splurging - B&J’s The Tonight Dough

On the reg - Blue Bunny Cherrific cheesecake or Extra Chunky Cookie Dough
  • Hamiltonfamily2018
    Options
    I go out for ice cream with my girls once a week! I just opt for the kids scoop or single when kids size isn’t available.

Fav flavors: Bubble gum, cotton Candy and last week found pop rocks ice cream at an adorable little shop. Yummmmm

Back at home (before we moved) all of us going for ice cream; 4 cones cost $24!!!! It’s really nice now being able to go get 4 cones ( well I opt for cup) for around $10- probably one of the biggest perks of moving lol (other then rent far less ice cream is the only perk of moving- trying to adapt to new surroundings, can you tell :)

• Hamiltonfamily2018
    Options
    In my book, If you can’t sweetly slim then forget it.

8oqka6ydst0x.jpeg
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hmmm... ice cream!😍 I love ice cream, but frozen yogurt is nicer to me! These are my favorites.
    i0utfdxv1fv1.jpeg

This one you can only get at the mall, dipped in chocolate and covered in nuts🤤😋
    s1g75p44k9ey.jpeg