Let's talk ICE CREAM

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,382 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Archer farms low can protein ice cream in Mocha cold brew 😍😍😍 I am a volume eater so air stick to lower calorie options bc I know I’m going to eat the whole pint 🤣
    hlmitq0f2jc9.jpeg

I hear ya. That's why I can't have Ben and Jerry's all the time. If I'm getting my ice cream fix from 150 calories a night, that's a win.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I love this Market Pantry cold brew stuff too! Top pick for my freezer.

When I go out, I either like a small one scoop sundae from Braum's or Baskin Robbins' "Peanut Butter N' Chocolate".

How much does that Market Pantry stuff cost? Cheaper than Halo top/enlightened?

At my midwestern, suburban Target store it is $3.69 and sometimes on sale for $3.50
    I think Halo Top is a little more, closer to $5

I might have to check it out.
  • useyourthorns
    useyourthorns Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2021
    I've had a rule with icecream for years, I only eat it at the shop in cone form. This is because I have never had the self control to not binge eat an entire tub in one sitting, but it's hard to eat what isn't in the freezer. Plus going down to the shop and getting it on the cone is more fun.

Favorite flavors... sour apple caramel swirl.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Archer farms low can protein ice cream in Mocha cold brew 😍😍😍 I am a volume eater so air stick to lower calorie options bc I know I’m going to eat the whole pint 🤣
    hlmitq0f2jc9.jpeg

I hear ya. That's why I can't have Ben and Jerry's all the time. If I'm getting my ice cream fix from 150 calories a night, that's a win.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I love this Market Pantry cold brew stuff too! Top pick for my freezer.

When I go out, I either like a small one scoop sundae from Braum's or Baskin Robbins' "Peanut Butter N' Chocolate".

How much does that Market Pantry stuff cost? Cheaper than Halo top/enlightened?

At my midwestern, suburban Target store it is $3.69 and sometimes on sale for $3.50
    I think Halo Top is a little more, closer to $5

I might have to check it out.

I love the chocolate pecan pie flavor of this brand!! I might have to try the Cold Brew flavor though.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    This thread is right up my alley! I love Nada Moo and So Delicious non-dairy ice cream. The calorie counts on an entire pint of Nada Moo isn't god awful (about 500 a pint, depending on the flavor, which isn't hard to bank for). Nada Moo favorites: Rockiest Road, Banana Caramel, and Cookies & Cream. So Delicious: Snickerdoodle and Triple Chocolate.

Ben and Jerry's: This is a true splurge since most pints are well over 1,000 calories, but I loooove Mint Cookies and Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.

When I go to an ice cream shop I almost always get mint chocolate chip or vanilla soft serve with sprinkles.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    edited February 2021
    So I tried Red Velvet ice cream from Rite Aid.......................not a favorite. Tommorrow I'm going to my Asian store and see if I can get some UBE ice cream.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    This thread is right up my alley! I love Nada Moo and So Delicious non-dairy ice cream. The calorie counts on an entire pint of Nada Moo isn't god awful (about 500 a pint, depending on the flavor, which isn't hard to bank for). Nada Moo favorites: Rockiest Road, Banana Caramel, and Cookies & Cream. So Delicious: Snickerdoodle and Triple Chocolate.

Ben and Jerry's: This is a true splurge since most pints are well over 1,000 calories, but I loooove Mint Cookies and Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.

When I go to an ice cream shop I almost always get mint chocolate chip or vanilla soft serve with sprinkles.

I used to live on Ben and Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. They actually used to sell them at Trader Joe's (who don't normally sell name brand items).

I'm a cookies and cream, chocolate chip, cookie dough kinda girl. I don't eat regular ice cream often...I still sometimes go for Enlightened or Halo Top....I REALLY like the Strawberry Cheesecake Enlightened and coffee flavored from each of those. I basically stick to Vons/Pavilion's/Safeway's Scandel-Less ice cream for the lower calorie ones because they have less fiber.

I also used to have vanilla ice cream with chocolate Nestle's Quick mixed in so it's all soft and melty and almost like soft serve ice cream.

God, I miss those days. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Just curious if anyone's tried Nick's Ice Cream, supposed to be lower cal. than brands like B&J's. But wondering if it's good tasting enough? :)
  • mailinator
    mailinator Posts: 31 Member
    FAVORITE FLAVOR: Ben and Jerry's CHUNKY MONKEY

According to B&J's website, Chunky Monkey only comes in at #9. The #1 flavor: Half Baked

Personally, I prefer #8 Americone Dream and #2 Cherry Garcia.

I also like Talenti's gelati although it's a very different experience than traditional ice cream.
  • 190reasonswhy
    190reasonswhy Posts: 25 Member
    I don't limit anything I eat except for portions and calories. ICE CREAM is a staple in my lifestyle diet. I eat it just about every night.

FAVORITE FLAVOR: Ben and Jerry's CHUNKY MONKEY 300 cal per serving (1/2 cup)

CURRENT GO TO: Signature Select Ice Cream cups (Chocolaty Sundae) 150 cal per cup

I'll alternate between the 2 but I STILL GET TO EAT ICE CREAM!!!!!

What's your guy's favorite?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Typically I’ll be happy with mint chocolate chip. I have a love for peanut butter swirl not to be confused with peanut butter cup. Yummy! Get in my belly :D

• ninerbuff
    mailinator wrote: »
    FAVORITE FLAVOR: Ben and Jerry's CHUNKY MONKEY

According to B&J's website, Chunky Monkey only comes in at #9. The #1 flavor: Half Baked

Personally, I prefer #8 Americone Dream and #2 Cherry Garcia.

I also like Talenti's gelati although it's a very different experience than traditional ice cream.
    Ooooh I like Cherry Garcia too! My 2nd favorite. Lol, now I want some.

IDEA Fitness member

img
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I checked out Nick's ice cream while at the store this a.m.; they only had 1 flavor and it looked like a salted caramel type, but it said 240 calories for the whole container. I was thinking how good can that really be?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    e889b38e4nwj.png
    another fav

That looks so good! I have Italian American heritage and have never seen spumoni outside of mom & pop restaurants that serve it as part of their prix fixe! That was a childhood fave.
  • ninerbuff
    Bought some of this yesterday at Ranch 99

vt82dza76b3m.jpg

IDEA Fitness member

img
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    Tin roof sundae or chocolate-chocolate-chip, about once a week. (Including tonight after chili! Yay!)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I checked out Nick's ice cream while at the store this a.m.; they only had 1 flavor and it looked like a salted caramel type, but it said 240 calories for the whole container. I was thinking how good can that really be?

Nick's is good for what it is, but not mind-blowing for ice cream. I saw a youtuber eating the cookie dough one and it looked really good with lots of dough pieces. I've only had the mint and birthday cake. Again, good for a low calorie ice cream, but not overly memorable.
  • ninerbuff
    Had a little ube ice cream. Yum!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Had a little ube ice cream. Yum!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Have you ever had sweet potato ice cream??
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I am diabetic, so currently happy that Keto Bars ice cream on a stick exist. Costco sells sea salt caramel, but the mint ones are good, too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,972 Member
    Now retired 😢, but man, this stuff:
    3flvelb1syoz.jpg
    Other than that, the salted caramel gelato from a local place, with some of their other flavors a close second.