Bodyfat Measurement

Options
13»

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I was wearing my slippers not barefooted, maybe this will change things. Lol

I logged a bug with the developer and he said the negative numbers are frequently when heads or feet are not present in the photo. My hands were kind of over an indentation on the wall, so that may have thrown it off in some. The directions do say to not wear shoes. Although one of mine with shoes worked.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Thank you, good to know.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I played around with it some more. There was a splash of sunlight on the wall when I took the initial photo. I tried it later in the day and I got normal looking numbers then. And a more realistic BF measurement and I've lost muscle and gained some BF since my last scan. Shorts/underwear seemed OK. Solid black leggings seemed to confuse it and I got negative numbers again. If you get the background/pose/clothes right it does seem to be pretty accurate, or at least close enough for most people's needs.

Yeah if you have a lot of colors/patterns in your house/apartment maybe drape a light color sheet over a door for the picture.