Looking for some online Friends to keep me going!!!

Options
hi, i'm nati
i have been with mfp for 15 days now but did not really have the time to come to the community forum to much, since i'm in this for the long haul i really could use some people for support and motivation...i am good motivating however i loos motivation fairly quickly myself. i guess this is because i have sooo much weight to loose that sometimes i can not imagine that i will ever reach my goal.
i have not always been a big woman, i gained the weight about 4 years ago when i was put on meds for panic attacks...the meds made me gain so much and so fast that i got depressed and of course gained the other half of my weight with eating unhealthy things....
i'm at a point in my life were i just can not see myself in the mirror anymore, because this is not who i am and i am starting to have health problems, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and physical pain in my knees and feet. i'm only 5.3 and weigh 239 as of last week....too much for my body frame. i was never skinny in my adult years, but i always managed a weight of 140 lbs even after i had my son 8 years ago. i have a long way ahead of me. :(

Replies

• Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, I am 24lbs loss into my journey. I am hoping to lose another 50 odd before march. I am 29 from UK and 5.2 so not far from your height. I started my journey at the start of the year.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hi Nati! Feel free to add me and join my support group forum if you're interested. This site has an amazing community and you'll make a lot of great, motivating friends that will pull you through until the end :)
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey Nati, new here as well! I can say one thing about MFP - there is a ton of motivation and support here. I'll be glad to lend my help! :)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Hi Nati
    You came to the right place. You can do this. Just take your time. It is a lifetime lifestyle change.

best wishes.
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Hi Nati!

Add me. Nice to meet you!

Chris from Chicago, IL
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hiya, feel free to add me, I'm on low dose meds for generalised anxiety and panic attacks. Luckily they seem to not have too much effect on my weight but my 'old' ones did - I remember exactly how you feel. I've read the stress hormone cortisol is also not helpful too! That said there are loads of success stories on here with people on meds - some with mood stabilisers and high doses so it can be done. You'll do great with all the support on here :-)
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me:smile:
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!!!

I understand that having a lot to lose can be daunting, but don't be discouraged! It's worth it. Try not to be too hard on yourself, and just keep making changes. Try to make healthy choices more often than not, and just get plugging away at. It won't happen overnight, and that can sometimes be frustrating, but it WILL happen!

You can do this! You've already started with a great step and building your support network.

So again, welcome, and stay strong!
  • nati39
    Options
    WOW, you guys!!! I want to thank you all for the friend requests and the kind words. I am starting to feel good again...You all rock. THANK YOU !!!!! .

P.S. it will take some time for me to go to every bodies profile and read up on things so please bear with me!! thanks again :)
  • mum_of_three
    Options
    Hi ya. I hail from Taranaki in New Zealand. I would love to support you on your weight loss journey as I too am in here for the long hall. Together we can achieve anything!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm nati
    i have been with mfp for 15 days now but did not really have the time to come to the community forum to much, since i'm in this for the long haul i really could use some people for support and motivation...i am good motivating however i loos motivation fairly quickly myself. i guess this is because i have sooo much weight to loose that sometimes i can not imagine that i will ever reach my goal.
    i have not always been a big woman, i gained the weight about 4 years ago when i was put on meds for panic attacks...the meds made me gain so much and so fast that i got depressed and of course gained the other half of my weight with eating unhealthy things....
    i'm at a point in my life were i just can not see myself in the mirror anymore, because this is not who i am and i am starting to have health problems, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and physical pain in my knees and feet. i'm only 5.3 and weigh 239 as of last week....too much for my body frame. i was never skinny in my adult years, but i always managed a weight of 140 lbs even after i had my son 8 years ago. i have a long way ahead of me. :(
    You've come to the right place for support and motivation. When time permits you should visit the forums more often; I'm sure you'll find other like-minded souls who want nothing but the best for you. :)
  • jbrugg123
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I too have a long road ahead of me. I have lost 42 pounds and have 31 more to go. I have seen my weight loss slow lately and could also use a little motivation. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!