New Mom's

Options
Hi all,

I am a new mom to a beautiful baby boy (he is 2 months old now). I work full-time and also am breastfeeding. I was hoping to get some friends on here for some support and also be able to ask questions when needed.

I have about 100 pounds to lose (most of it is pre-pregnancy weight). It doesn't matter to me if you have that much or more/less to lose, as long as you are trying to be healthy.

Today is day 1 for my new lifestyle. I was planning on calorie counting, but am scared it will affect my supply. I may just eat healthy foods without over eating. I would rather take the chance of listening to my body.

Anyways, feel free to add me as a friend for mutual support :)

Thanks,
Alyssa

Replies

• MsCandyLynn
    Options
    good luck and you can add me if you would like! i too am a mom of a 3 yo lil boy!! my world!!!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Ugh I had a whole reply typed out and it got deleted.

Fenugreek and Mothers Milk Tea will help with supply issues.

I have a three year old. Good luck!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, mama!! And welcome aboard MFP!

Definitely add me, I'd love to be a part of your support network! I do know if can be tough being a full time mom with a full time job, AND to have time to take care of yourself. No worries, we're all here to help!

Best wishes for your fitness success to come!
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was just typing in another post that i miss the breastfeeding diet-- it was the BEST! lol i was able to eat a lot and still lose.

But every body is different. so i wish you luck! i know you can do it, there are a lot of us mommies on here. :) we can support each other.
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    I have a 2 month old , almost 3 month old! I breastfeed also , well pump and had supply issues but I take fenugreek and brewers yeast. Add me :-) .
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on becoming a new Mommy, I am a Mommy also, of 3 lil ones. This site is amazing and it will definitely help you on your weight loss journey. Add me if you'd like, I only have about 30 more lbs. to lose but I will support you and if you have any Mommy questions, feel free to ask! Good luck to you!!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck. I am a new mommy, well she's almost 7 months now, but she is my first. I work full time and go to grad school (one class at a time) Add me if you want! Good luck!
  • jackelyn14
    Options
    Hey! I'm a mom of two little boys. 2 and a half and 6 months old. :) I have about 80 - 90 lbs to lose... not sure where my end goal weight will be yet. Feel free to add me though. This site is great for support.
  • jLAVA82
    Options
    I am a mom to an adorable 4 mo old girlie and a wonderful 3 year old girl as well!

I'm SOOO glad to have found MFP..with the little one I found it so tough to stick to anything related to diet/exercise. With the barcode option on the app I'm finding it to help so much!!

I would love to have the support and give support to any new moms (or not so new moms too!) ;)

Good luck everyone!!