Leading ladies group (closed group)! Third week weigh in!

Options
Hello my leading ladies!!

I hope that you all had a productive week. After having reviewed your responses to your goals for the previous weigh in week I see that reasonable, effective goals were set. However, we all need time to get used to these goals. This means that we need time to adjust, execute and become comfortable in implementing this in our everyday life. As we proceed with the weeks we want to slowly build on more and more goals, however, never loosing sight or track of the goals we set for ourselves before. Remember, our weight loss goal will not be successful unless we take a holistic approach. This means taking care of ourselves in every regard (physical, emotional, spiritual, etc). If you loose sight of a goal/ task you felt was important then you are only hurting yourself. For this upcoming week I want you to keep focusing on your exercise and nutrition goals that you have all set for yourselves and really embrace what that commitment means in your weight loss journey. As we go on together on our journey I want you to look back and see the strong, established goals you have set and see how it is shaping (literally) your life, your body and how you see this process.

Assignment 1: weigh in

I weighed in this week at 205. 2 for a total of 20 lbs! I am very happy thus far and know that what I am doing now is gonna keep helping me in my journey. I still have a ways to go. My total loss is for 70 and so I take it a day at a time in order to not feel overwhelmed by it all. My biggest success factor is changing everything a little every week and a half or so. This is in regards to diet and exercise. Think of your body as a being that desires change. If you keep everything the same your body will grow "bored" and not work with you. Think of change as the excitement factor that your body craves to really get things rolling!

Assignment 2: Reflection quote:

"Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life." - Sophia Loren

Aint this the truth! I feel that we only grow when we make mistakes and learn from them. Life is not about it being perfect. It is about learning to accept what comes at you, letting go of the negative and holding on like hell to the positive. I feel that my weight gain was a mistake because I was fully capable of having prevented it. However, it is a mistake I am learning soooo much from. If it wasnt for me gaining weight I wouldnt understand how eating healthier makes your body feel better, or how I can use comfort exercise instead of comfort eating to help me feel better in tough times. I would not have appreciated how good I look in a size lower pants than before nor would have I understood what impact wearing a smaller size shirt has on your self esteem. Although my bones, muscles, body and mind did not whole heartily appreciate the weight gain my soul did in the fact that every little success I have I relish in it. I may be daring in that I am selfish in wanting these successes. I don't want to hold back from EARNING what is rightfully mine. I ask you leading ladies: are you being selfish in your success? Are you not giving a damn about what others say or think about what you are doing and are you living for you today?

Assignment 3: Re-post nutrition and exercise goal and explain your progress thus far:

Nutrition goal: eat out no more than 3 times during the week
I can't say I have been too successful in this area :-(. I have usually eaten out about 4 times per week. I do want to curve this down because I don't need to eat out as much, however, in my defense I am a subway addict and even then I don't need to eat the bread and sauces, etc. *sigh* even talking about it makes my mouth water (thats how bad i am) lol. I will work harder in limiting myself to no more than 3 times in the week.

Exercise goal: work out with weights during cardio
I have incorporated weights when I walk but not consistently. I am considering getting ankle weights but not incorporating them until I loose a few more lbs and am ready for a serious change in my workouts because that would really create resistance and provide some noticeable change on the scale.

Activity 4: What is the first thought that comes into my mind when I say "when I reach my weight loss goal I want to...."

I can't help it, mine is: rock very sexy lingerie and participate in a sexy photo shoot! I have always admired beautiful bras and panties but never had the courage to wear them. As I am loosing lbs I am dying to try a beautiful combo and take a couple of pics in them. This is soo unlike the old me. I hated pictures and I hated wearing anything for a picture. I felt like a fraud in my big body because that wasn't who I was. Now as I am slowly seeing the girl I am I want to feel beautiful and look sexy in sexy lingerie. I passed by victoria's secrerts today and I saw a bra and panty set I soooo want to rock when I hit my 70 lbs. So my leading ladies, when I think of when I reach my weight loss goal, I know that I want to rock very sexy lingerie and take a photo shoot.

Last comment: As you revise your goals that your setting for yourself (nutrition and exercise for the week) make sure you take into consideration the time we have before new years! Although we have about a little under 4 months left it can fly by quickly! I will post towards the beginning of October a mandatory weigh in in regards to your goal specifically for new years, not your total goal in general. I want all of us to reflect if our goals are reasonable, are we working enough (or not enough) and what can we do to get us there!

Time for work leading ladies! I am soo proud of each and everyone of you. Please feel free to post comments, questions or concerns!!

Much love, peace and respect to each and every one of you my amazing, sexy and powerful beyond measure leading ladies

Jasmin

Replies

• longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have had a really good week overall. I have really focused on my water and I exercised 6 out of the last 7 days. I have stayed under my calories everyday with a little help from my exercising!! I weighed in at 231.8 from 234.2 which is a loss of 1.8 lbs for the week and a total of 3 lbs since I started almost 3 weeks ago. I was hoping for a 3 lb loss but at this point I will take what I can get and hope for higher numbers next week.

Assignment 2

Mistakes are made by anyone that is human and we have to remember to learn from them. My biggest mistake was after I worked hard and lost 60 lbs I had feet problem so instead of working through it I gave up and ended up gaining 40 lbs back... Makes me sick to think about it but I have learned from it that I have to have patience and adapt. I still have problems with my feet however I do the best I can to baby them so I can continue to exercise and if need to I adjust to keep my feet happy!! I am sure I will make many more mistakes in my journey but I will not let them ruin my journey!!

Assignment 3

I would like to start drinking a gallon of water a day and try to stop drinking coffee. As far as exercise I want to continue at least 6 days a week and twice a day some days. I haven't been sleeping well so getting up to exercise hasn't been a priority but I refilled my miracle pill and hope to get back in the swing of the morning routine.

Assignment 4

When I reach my weight loss goal I want to....love myself!!! Of course I want sexy lingerie and cute clothes but the thing I want more than anything is to finally be happy with who I am and how I look. I am so afraid I will never be happy with how I look and truly love myself.

I would like to thank tilaisabel sooo much for starting this group!! You are amazing and sooo motivating!!

Good luck to my fellow ladies!! Here is to a great week!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hi

1) My weigh-in for today is 155..I was fluctuating this week...had went down to 152.8 and gained it back and then some..so, I know what I need to do..drink more water, and more veggies, cut down on my sodium and less on the carbs..

2) We all need to make mistakes to grow from them and learn...if we didn't it would just be a non-stop mess for us all..I myself, have learned I need to focus on healthy eating if I want to live a longer fuller lifestyle with my family..and thus teach them also on how to live longer and healthier.they can learn from my mistakes...versus making them themselves..they know from me that I have to struggle to lose the weight because I am older..versus them where they can start now and maintain a healthier life.

3) I need to watch my sodium and sugar intake..I just learned from one of the blogs that depending on how much you work out..MFP is using an average on protein, carb intake..so i did some research and found a site that calculates how much I should be eating..and it is by far more on the protein because of my exercise regime..sooo, I have changed it depending on what I do for that day..

4) I want to go visit my family downsouth and show them that the person, they saw last, might have been someone they could talk crap about..has left the building..no longer will I be made the brunt of jokes or snide remarks.... And when they decide to eat like crap..I'll have that remark coming..and saying "do you realize what your eating is very unhealthy for you..." I no longer eat THOSE things..haha ;-)

And yes, thank you Jasmin...I'm very glad you started this group!! Gives me another reason to keep going!!
  • annika27
    Options
    1. I weighed in on Friday, at 176. That is 3 more pounds!

2. Mistakes are the best way to learn. This is true in every part of life, including weight loss. I've made mistakes in trying to lose weight, and learned what does not work. After my surgery, I though I could go back to my old ways, and keep off the weight I had lost. But I immediately gained it back!

3. My nutrition goal of drinking all my water for the day has been hard. I've been doing better, but I still am not reaching my daily goal. As far as my 30 Day Shred goal, I have done it every day since I started except for yesterday, because I was not at home at all.

4. When I reach my weight loss goal I want to buy a bikini and get a season pass to the water park. I want to get a big tattoo on my torso, and buy a Betsy Johnson dress. I am so excited to be able to wear fitted clothes, and I know I will have so much more confidence.
  • charly_80
    Options
    Assignment 1 - I weighed in today at 144 lbs. I haven't seen that number for quite some time. I'm working hard to keep the number moving lower and so far my body is responding well to the push for a healthy weight.

Assignment 2 - If it wasn't for the mistakes I made I would be perfect. LOL I strive for perfection in everything to do and I'm just now learning to forgive myself when I screw up (big or small). I forgive myself for my weight gain and my yo-yo dieting attempts (some of which were very unhealthy). But I am learning from my mistakes - I am learning to like exercise again and that strength training turned out to be an important part of my fitness regimen. I am also learning that weight loss cannot and won't happen overnight (unless you are the Hollywood actress that can afford excessive liposuction treatments). I accept that this process will be slower than the control-freak in me would prefer.

Assignment 3 - Actually the only thing I want when I lose the weight is to be happy with the way I look and to be healthy. As I get older things change, shift, move and aren't as great as when I was younger. I can't go back to my younger days self but I want to be happy with my older days self.

Thanks again for starting this motivational group - you are wonderful for doing that!!

Happy week ladies - stay strong and push for the results you want

10277143.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Being happy doesn't mean you're perfect. It just means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections- K.B Indiana (age 14)
  • Roxstar75
    Roxstar75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    First of all Jasmin....you are AWESOME!!!! Thank you for being you & such an inspiration to me:) You ROCK. Once I weigh in tomorrow, I will post my responses for everything.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I quoted your portion to answer easier so the question answers are changed to my own :-) Very glad to have the chaos over and focusing on this!!

This week I weighed in at 131.9! I never get to weigh myself in the morning when I first wake up since I don't own a scale, and last week I stayed at my boyfriend's house who does have one and this was the result!! I probably gained a bit back from the past weekend's wedding festivities but I also am a believer that life happens and you gotta enjoy yourself. I ate relatively well and did not drink too much, plus I also worked out still on Saturday. Overall, my weekly goal for calories was well under which means I am still on the right track :-) I am just so happy to see something below 135 as I have felt stuck there for some time!

MIstake could be my middle name :-) This is my take on mistakes...I know deep down that perfection does not exist and that someday every little or big mistake will always lead to something great. However, I have anxiety and stress because I strive for perfection only within myself. I put a tremendous amount of pressure on myself at all times to do it all, be there for everyone, basically be perfect. I have gotten better as time has gone by, especially since college, but I still have a ways to go before I can take my own advice basically!

Assignment 3: Re-post nutrition and exercise goal and explain your progress thus far:

Nutrition goal: Stay under weekly calories despite a fantastic wedding celebration!
    I achieved this! I not only achieved this, but I also did not drink too much and listened to my body when it craved water instead. I also had delicious meals that were healthy. Both nights were fish (Tilapia, then Sea Bass)!! I am proud of myself and will spend this week smart as well since I am IN a wedding this coming weekend for my best friends. This may be tougher to stay under, but I am determined!

Exercise goal: Reach my last long run for my half training and run it well!
    Also achieved this! I ran 11.22 miles on Thursday...was only supposed to be 11! I pushed on the last .22 to my apartment once I heard 11 on my runkeeper. I ran it at a 9:47 pace which is very good. I would love to run my 13.1 under 2 hours and that training pace indicates that it can be done!!

Activity 4: What is the first thought that comes into my mind when I say "when I reach my weight loss goal I want to...."

Buy myself new clothes that fit well and are not too big and make me look too young! Seriously...I want to wear dresses and buy outfits that are more 26 years instead of 21 years. I reached my size goal a bit ago and I feel so confident and just want to rock skinny jeans, cute tops, dresses, the works! I am going to take a reasonable portion of my student loans and treat myself soon :-) I also think...better running times!!

Goals for this week: Work on speedwork since I am in my taper weeks. Ensure I get a workout in of some type Friday and Saturday despite wedding party stuff! I will stick with staying under weekly calories and I think the speed workouts go hand in hand. The faster I run and push myself, the more I burn!!
  • Roxstar75
    Roxstar75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok...finally had a chance to do this:)

I weighed in only .8 less than the last time when I was at 247.6. Needless to say, I was VERY frustrated due to all of the hardwork that I have put in. But one of my friends just told me something funny that I am going to go by. The old fat that you are trying trying to get rid of is very STUBBORN, so it takes longer to get rid of. But the new fat that you gain should be a breeze to get rid of. Maybe that’s been my excuse all along? The good thing is that I am trying & focusing on a better lifestyle.

This quote is so darn true. As much as I hate to admit it, I am not perfect. But I keep telling my hubby that I am I know that I have made a LOT of mistakes & only then I can learn from them. I could have prevented some of my weight gain – pre-pregnancy that is! But being prego, I gained a ton of weight due to preeclampsia. But I am in control now & food and exercise are things that I can control. I just need to admit it & take charge! I care what my family thinks & want them to be proud of me for who I am and what I have become.

Nutrition –
    Drinking more water. It works great when I am at work, but the weekends are really tough. I am a huge TEA drinker at night & on the weekends. I just need to get my water in more.

Exercise goal -
    I accomplished a lot this past week with my BFF! Put over 15 miles on the bike & walked a lot & even had kickboxing. This week, my goal is to keep walking outside during my lunch hour because I don’t want the nice weather to be wasted. I would like to ride my bike another 15+ miles this week as well.

I have always said that get me in the 100 club, I am getting my belly button pierced. They say you can do it now, but I really want to see it past my Hannah rolls! And even though I wouldn’t do this, I would want to go flaunt my sexy looking body in front of all the skinny hoochies that used to make fun of me in school.