Introducing Myself

Options
Hi! I have found my way to this site via a Jenny Craig consultant. I have always struggled with my weight somewhat, but have always been extremely active and could manage it through activity. However, last September I fell off my horse and broke my foot in two places and fractured my pelvis, and was non weight bearing for over 20 weeks (hard cast for 14 weeks, walking boot non weight bearing for 7 weeks), and I gained quite a bit of weight over the course of 5 months. I don't know if I've ever felt so bad about myself, but am hoping that I can get active again and lose at least 30 pounds--my weight gain is not good for my sport of choice--equestrian. My friends took pictures of me my first time back on my horse, and I just couldn't believe how heavy I'd gotten. Anyway, glad to be here, and hoping to become a success story.

152808.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• hbaggett67
    hbaggett67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have found my way to this site via a Jenny Craig consultant. I have always struggled with my weight somewhat, but have always been extremely active and could manage it through activity. However, last September I fell off my horse and broke my foot in two places and fractured my pelvis, and was non weight bearing for over 20 weeks (hard cast for 14 weeks, walking boot non weight bearing for 7 weeks), and I gained quite a bit of weight over the course of 5 months. I don't know if I've ever felt so bad about myself, but am hoping that I can get active again and lose at least 30 pounds--my weight gain is not good for my sport of choice--equestrian. My friends took pictures of me my first time back on my horse, and I just couldn't believe how heavy I'd gotten. Anyway, glad to be here, and hoping to become a success story.

152808.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jaymee85
    jaymee85 Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your weigh loss journey! I am also fairly new and so far this site has been very helpful and encouraging to me. I hope you gain the same experience from MFP that I and so many other have. Have a great day!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hbaggett67
    hbaggett67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about this website, and truly motivated to lose the weight!