HI!!!

Options
My name is Courtney and my boyfriend is currently deployed!! :frown: I would like to lose roughly 35-50 lbs. before he gets back, I have 7 months to do this!

If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it!

currently I am taking Hydroxycut Max [for women] & drinking GNC lean prowder shakes in the morning. I think I lost atleast 2 lbs so far.

Replies

• cdeem7589
    Options
    My name is Courtney and my boyfriend is currently deployed!! :frown: I would like to lose roughly 35-50 lbs. before he gets back, I have 7 months to do this!

If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it!

currently I am taking Hydroxycut Max [for women] & drinking GNC lean prowder shakes in the morning. I think I lost atleast 2 lbs so far.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Hi courtney.

Welcome to MFP.

From a wisened and weathered MFP Vetran, I would say this. We try to be as healthy as we can on here. And my advice would be to choose a moderate weekly goal, maintain a moderate daily calorie deficit, exercise regularly, make sure you get some weight or resistance training in there, and make sure your food is balanced and healthy.
    IMHO for anyone who is medically healthy, you don't need pills or any other diet "stuff".

best of luck to you and welcome to the site.

-Banks
  • cdeem7589
    Options
    You are right about the weight loss pills, but at the same time they help with metobolism [mine has always been SLOW] and controling female hormones and other stuff.

Right now I have a 1,200 calorie/day plan. My boyfriend and his trainer basically set this up for me before he deployed.

Thanks for the advice.
  • tkarratti
    tkarratti Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome cdeem7586!

I love this site...I keep track of every single calorie and its starting to work....I am finally really thinking about food and make sure if it goes in my mouth that it fits into my 1200 calorie/day plan....

I am just starting to exercise regulary...this is very hard for me, but it is so worth it!

Stay with the site...read the community posts...only 7 months to go! :happy:
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:smile:

GOOD LUCK!!!!
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • happilytaken2009
    Options
    Hello. I dont know about the fad diet pills..but I was put on adipex by my famliy dr. It works great!! I have hormone issues,so my metabolism is almost at a zero without my med. I still have to watch what I eat and exersice! But I wouldnt have come this far without it!! And I dont get the jitters and all the other side effects u get from the otc. Unless I drink a lot of caffine. Good luck with your goals. Just be careful with the otc meds!!
  • happilytaken2009
    Options
    I also do the weight watchers point system. So combined I have lost a lot of weight. SAFELY
  • jaymee85
    jaymee85 Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome!
    I have tried hydroxy cut diet pills before I really got educated about health and fitness and from personal experience, the pills do work, but only for a short period of time. Once your body gets used to the pills you will no longer experience weight loss and will end up gaining it all back plus some. The best way to go for permanent weight loss is healthy diet and exercise. It is hard work but you can do it! Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck to you!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cdeem7589
    Options
    Thanks guys/ladies for your support and tips!!

also,
    Where/How am I able to get the weight lose tracker thing to show up when I post something?? Thanks in advance