Hydroxycut

Options

Replies

• Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm with Acg67 on this one. I second his opinion.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    eh i take it for the energy boost, oxy elite is better, but hydrox is cheaper
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

eh the 1,3 dimeth will give you a nice kick but i'd caution guys against products with 1,3 dimeth as some have some adverse side effects to it
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I THINK YOU SHOULD DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO........ NOT WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO. I HAVE TAKEN DIDN'T LIKE IT BUT THAT WAS ME AND EVERYONE IS DIFF. AS FOR SIDE EFFECTS WHO CARES CAUSE HALF THE STUFF THAT GOES IN YOUR BODY IS BAD FOR U IN SUM WAY SHAPE OR FORM.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You are wasting your money. Eat healthy and exercise, that costs nothing and there are no side affects except feeling better and looking better.
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Agreed, do what you want as long as you are healthy...
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Agreed, do what you want as long as you are healthy...

Okay, but many of these things aren't healthy. Both Hydroxycut and Xenadrine have been sued for their products. They've been changed since but they are not even effective. Why invest money in something that isn't healthy and provides no more benefit than a cup of coffee? Agreed, she can do whatever she wants but I don't get why people encourage somebody to take something that is potentially unhealthy and useless.
  • loristroud
    Options
    I'm not "encouraging" anyone. She asked for opinions and I gave mine. I am healthy and haven't done anything to harm my body and consulted with my dr before I started it so what exactly is wrong with what I've said/done?
  • loristroud
    Options
    I prefer to get my boost in pill form vs. coffee because I don't enjoy going to the gym on a stomach full of hot liquid and getting sick.. I am not encouraging or providing false advertisement, I straight up said I take it for the boost at the gym.
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I THINK YOU SHOULD DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO........ NOT WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO. I HAVE TAKEN DIDN'T LIKE IT BUT THAT WAS ME AND EVERYONE IS DIFF. AS FOR SIDE EFFECTS WHO CARES CAUSE HALF THE STUFF THAT GOES IN YOUR BODY IS BAD FOR U IN SUM WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF: IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE UNEDUCATED OR TOO LAZY TO USE THE SHIFT BUTTON. (Yes, I am yelling this: the only acceptable time to use caps.)
  • picklepoo
    picklepoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is stupid. She asked if it would help boost her weight loss. Every one knows that hydroxycut in not made and sold by wizards, and that there is no magic pill. Is it bad for you? Probably. Will it help you lose weight? Maybe. I have in the past used diet pills to surpress my hunger, and/or give me a boost of energy before a workout, and have had luck. If you have not used Hydroxycut, don't answer this question.
  • Rusty64
    Options
    I took it for a while and besides feeling jittery, it did nothing.
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I dont believe in weight loss pills or weight loss surgery. Way too many loss ends and complications then what you started with. I have alot of weight to lose and I'm convinced I can do it the hard way. I have seen thousands of before pics which stand as my proof.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    You're better off with a HOT cup of coffee right before you work out, it raises your metabolism naturally and it has antioxidants. While Hydroxycut is just making $$ off you.

I drink a coffee at 5:45 am, and hit the road for a few miles at 6:15!
  • loristroud
    Options
    I would like to point out that I hit the elliptical every single day and have 100% changed the way I eat so don't suggest that because someone takes a diet pill that they haven't worked their butt off to lose weight.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I took it for a while and didn't see any results.

Me too! Waste of good money!
  • PlumLovin
    Options
    I tried it & didn't like just how jittery it made me so I didn't stick w/it long enough to see results. I switched to a Super B Complex Vitamin & it seems to give me the boost I need within an hour or so. Just my opinion....
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    it gave me heart palpitations. its full of caffine, and not results.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, the ephedrine caffeine stack versions used to work pretty well. The new ones are all but worthless.

Even when the DO work, these kinds of things add maybe 5% to what you'd achieve naturally through diet and exercise. If you're eating 1500 Cal/day, the pills are only giving you 75 Cal worth of advantage. That little benefit isn't worth the risk, IMO.