Keto friendly recipes

rabinlivi
rabinlivi Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2021 in Recipes
Hi I'm a newbie to Keto diet does anyone have some basic recipes they could share using beef mince pork mince or turkey mince thank you.

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited February 2021
    You call it Mince, I call it ground? If I'm wrong please correct me.

There is a bunch of stuff you could do... here's a one that we make semi regularly.

Cauliflower Shepards Pie. AKA "Foe Sheppards Pie"

Sautee
    1. 1 large onion
    2. 1 pound sliced mushrooms
    3. garlic
    4. 2 pounds ground beef (you can keep the fat since were low carbing. Or you could pre-fry and Dump the fat, and get the fat back by adding cheese on top (we usually do this))
    5. Salt and pepper to taste

Then Add a about 2 cups of water to the pan until meat is covered or close to it.

For extra flavor you could add beef stock instead of water or add a bullion cube.

bring to light boil....

Make it into a gravy... I usually use Bisto, yes there is carbs in it... But per serving it really isn't that bad and within Keto. Alternatively you could use keto alternatives, like Xanthum gum or other product.

So while all that is happening...

Take a largish cauliflower, and chop it up a bit and stick it in a salted water at boil... Boil for about 20 minutes, then drain the water but keep it hot in pot. Basically throw about a good heavy heaping tablespoon of sour cream in, and about 2-3 TBS butter. At this point I use a wand mixer (preferably a decent one), Start using your wand working your way to top speed. I find Cauliflower really needs a fair share of Salt for the flavour to bloom, and a health dose of pepper. The end product should be creamy and basically look feel and taste like whipped potatoes.

Preheat oven to 350 (bottom or middle rack is fine)

So now grab a medium sized lasagna pan, and dump your ground beef concoction in there... and level it all out. Then use a large serving spoon to slowly scoop up and deposit Foe Whipped Pototes (what I call it) across the top of the hamberg and gravy mixture.... Then smooth it all out with the bottom of your spoon.

So if you want, you can dump another 8-10 ounces of graded cheese on top.. Finish with a bit of parm too if you fancy.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese is getting goldy. I haven't crunched the math on it lately... but this makes about 10 - 12 servings. Freezes great and is really yummy. Non-low carbers won't know the difference, and you made the Foe-Potatoes correctly every single person will swear it is whipped potatoes.

IF you can make sense of the above and want my recipe for Cabbage lasagna, just ask me.

Note this is a slightly higher carb meal then the average keto night... Probably close or slightly over the 10 grams range depending on serving size and much Bisto you used. (you can punch everything into myfitnesspal to figure it out exactly.)

For the real Low-Carb bread that cooks, smells and tastes like bread... Click.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825652/best-low-carb-bread-no-flour-was-used
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    FYI, if you don't have sour cream... A heaping TBSP of mayo also works fine.
  • iFartMagic
    iFartMagic Posts: 21 Member
    ♡Almond Keto Muffins♡

2.5 cups Almond flour
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 large eggs
    1 Tbsp vegetable, canola oil, or melted coconut oil
    1/2 cup Sugar free maple syrup
    1/4 cup Almond Mink unsweetened
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1 heaping cup chopped almonds

1or1flljhnzd.jpg

1.Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.

2. Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl until combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer, mash the bananas. Then whisk in the eggs, oil, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir a few times, then add the nuts. Fold everything together gently just until combined and no flour pockets remain.

3. Spoon the batter into liners, filling them all the way to the top. Top with oats and a light sprinkle of coconut sugar, if desired. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C). Bake for an additional 16-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The total time these muffins take in the oven is about 22-23 minutes, give or take. (For mini muffins, bake 11-13 minutes at 350°F (177°C) the whole time.) Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.

4. Muffins stay fresh covered at room temperature for a few days, then transfer to the fridge for up to 1 week.

I have heavily modified this from a recipe I found on the web: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/whole-wheat-banana-nut-muffins/comment-page-5/?unapproved=920655&moderation-hash=5491bf567a7f4fc094bab0fb3f58c051#comments

The carb content of one of these muffins should be in the 3 net carb range, but don't taste like artificial sweeteners!
  • iFartMagic
    iFartMagic Posts: 21 Member
    I didnt see you say meats ~ my bad 😅😂
  • rabinlivi
    rabinlivi Posts: 3 Member
    Poohba1972 thanks you very much for the recipe and yes sorry I forgot over in USA you call mince - Ground and I cant wait to try this one! :)

iFartMagic yes it is probably the termonology Iused to describe mince (ground) so easy for you to have missed but that being said I will also try your recipe too so thank you. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    Here are a few websites I used before becoming a hoarder of keto cookbooks LOL....Ibreatheimhungry.com.....ruled.me.com.......wholesomeyum.com...stepawayfromthecarbs.com