Here comes a taboo subject..

Options

Replies

• bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have probably tried every diet pill imaged and for me trying to get a quick fix is where it had landed me at 288. I have never had any side effects except for not being able to sleep. I have wasted so much money on them instead of just putting the work into it losing weight. So for some it does work but for me it was just a waste.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight fast in the past on phentermine (Adipex-P). My doc prescribed it to me, and followed me on it to check blood pressure, etc. First time I ever used it I lost about 60 lbs. Gained it all back when I stopped taking it, plus like 20 more. I've used it on several occasions, and I have always lost weight, but I've ALWAYS gained it back and more when I stopped taking it. Gave me crazy energy and I NEVER ate. So not worth the crash, the mood swings and the double weight gain. Watching what you eat and getting off your *kitten* is much safer, and way more reliable.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I had a friend take something, can't remember what. she droped like 40lbs in a month. . . She looked great for her wedding, then her honeymoon pictures (3 weekes between) she was up 20lbs from her original weight. . .
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm always tempted ^^ but my mom told me a lot of those pills are like meth so lol...no thanks xD

ps: if u want a natural appetite suppressant, try 3 ounces of filtered water (or sparkling such as seltzer or mineral) mixed with 3 ounce of 100% REAL grape juice. Drink this 30 minutes before you eat, and you will hardly feel hungry. Drink this same mixture before bed ^.^ I started this after reading Edgar Cayce recommended it, and my appetite is basically gone lol. It's only been a couple days though...but hey! Safer than weird chemicals :P
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'm always tempted ^^ but my mom told me a lot of those pills are like meth so lol...no thanks xD

ps: if u want a natural appetite suppressant, try 3 ounces of filtered water (or sparkling such as seltzer or mineral) mixed with 3 ounce of 100% REAL grape juice. Drink this 30 minutes before you eat, and you will hardly feel hungry. Drink this same mixture before bed ^.^ I started this after reading Edgar Cayce recommended it, and my appetite is basically gone lol. It's only been a couple days though...but hey! Safer than weird chemicals :P

Back in the day before they got regulated they were like meth! lol I'm talking seriously making you stay up for days, and people would lose weight because they wouldn't eat or sleep from the pills! Insanity!
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I take 2 hydroxycut every morning before my workout, but I do it on a week off a week because I don't want my body to rely on it for any weight loss. I do not use it as a "magic pill", I have completely changed my eating, and I go to the gym everyday, so before anyone says that because I take a diet pill I haven't done it the hard way know that I have worked my butt off. I lose about a pound a week more when I take it than when I don't, and I don't feel any side effects, probably because I only take 2 a day instead of 6 like they recommend. My doc knows I take it, and I am healthy. Some people say why not drink a coffee before you work out for the boost, and it's just that I prefer to take 2 pills because because working out with anything other than water in me makes me nauseous. I don't think anyone should go looking for a miracle diet pill or rely on them, but I don't think people should judge other people for taking them as long as they are being safe about it and checking with their doc. I think that as long as you are working hard to lose the weight and doing it the healthy way you should be proud, and if diet pills are your thing fine, if not then great. Just be happy and healthy. :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

Back in the day before they got regulated they were like meth! lol I'm talking seriously making you stay up for days, and people would lose weight because they wouldn't eat or sleep from the pills! Insanity!

Oh, thank u! I'm glad it is now regulated! sounded so scary before ^^;;;
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    there are very few ingredients/pills that have actually been proven to work, that's not to say nothing works. but still the most important thing is your diet, any pill will only aid you, but can't make up for overeating on a consistent basis
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tried diet pills twice, wasn't too impressed. I forget what brand the first ones were, but they were some kind of thermogenic pills, and they made me SO HOT all the time. I was constantly feeling like I was overheating and it was hard to do anything because being too hot makes me feel faint. After a little while I stopped taking them, I just couldn't take being so hot all the time. About a year or so later I tried SlimQuick. For these I was supposed to take 2 pills, two times a day, and I think they had to be something like 6-8 hrs apart? Well, if I took them after 3pm, I had terrible insomnia and would be up all night, so I had to make sure I got my first 2 pills early in the day, which means I would always have to wake up early and not be able to sleep in. Anytime I slept in and only took two a day, the next time I took 4 in a day I felt all weird, kind of like when you get buzzed, but not quite drunk, off alcohol. Sooo it wasn't long before I stopped taking those.

The sad thing is, I don't even think either of them really helped me to lose any weight. They just make me feel crappy or weird. So I haven't tried any since and don't plan on it.
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Because I'm curious why so many people are interested in them, and I wanted to see what people had to say about them. I've never tried them, nor have I ever had the desire to. I see a lot of statuses out there about people chugging coffee or taking 3 of those 5 hour power shots before a work out-- sounds dangerous to me. I've heard some pretty rough stories about hydroxycut too, and I was just watching tv and I guess Jillian Micheals put one out on the market too.... What a crazy, messed up world where we think there's a pill for everything, including weight loss..

The Jillian Michael's one is really more like a two week body cleanse.
    It helped me jump start my weight loss and cleaned me out lol
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I take RippedFuel 5X. One a day, and have been for a little over 2 months now. It's lower in caffiene than anything else i hav efound, and i started it because we couldn't afford NO Explode and i was dragging my butt.

Since i started, and i don't know if i can credit the pill's fat burning potential or just the fact that i am buzzing around like a hummingbird all day; but i've lost over 1.5% bodyfat and 3 inches overall. I am working on the last 2 of my 6 pack and finally have strations in my delts.

My mom took a few and had no reaction to them.

I know a lot of people hiss and say a good diet and exercise is all you need, but at a certain point physically (i personally am looking for near-competition level fit) you either have to get psychotically anal about everything you do diet and workout wise, or you take something to boost potential while you work out the details.
  • Sandy2658
    Sandy2658 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Took them about 10 years ago...Metabolife. Will never do it again. I was fat and getting married and I just wanted to lose weight *no matter what*. I did lose about 20 pounds, but started to get heart palpatations and generally felt bad.
    The safest and best way to lose weight is just good old fashioned exercise and push yourself away from the table.
    There is no quick fix.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing this :) I'm always hungry at bedtime...lol going to try this tonight
  • Acg67
    Options
    I take RippedFuel 5X. One a day, and have been for a little over 2 months now. It's lower in caffiene than anything else i hav efound, and i started it because we couldn't afford NO Explode and i was dragging my butt.

Since i started, and i don't know if i can credit the pill's fat burning potential or just the fact that i am buzzing around like a hummingbird all day; but i've lost over 1.5% bodyfat and 3 inches overall. I am working on the last 2 of my 6 pack and finally have strations in my delts.

My mom took a few and had no reaction to them.

I know a lot of people hiss and say a good diet and exercise is all you need, but at a certain point physically (i personally am looking for near-competition level fit) you either have to get psychotically anal about everything you do diet and workout wise, or you take something to boost potential while you work out the details.

eh looking at the ingredient list of Ripped Fuel, it seems woefully underdosed, but if it works for you all the power to you. there is better stuff out there imo
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The Jillian Michael's one is really more like a two week body cleanse.
    It helped me jump start my weight loss and cleaned me out lol
    [/quote]

There is nothing wrong with a cleanse as long as it's safe
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    They are evil. Don't do it!
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I took them in my 20s and they worked great- totally unhealthy and I was afraid I was going to die. No good.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I used to take Zantrex-3 for the extra energy boost it gave me for my workouts. It is a "diet" pill, but I didn't use it for one. Sometimes I still take one when I need to stay up for a ridiculous amount of time, because it gives me a huge boost of energy.
  • Acg67
    Options
    I used to take Zantrex-3 for the extra energy boost it gave me for my workouts. It is a "diet" pill, but I didn't use it for one. Sometimes I still take one when I need to stay up for a ridiculous amount of time, because it gives me a huge boost of energy.

if you just need an energy boost, cheap and effective

image_prodprod460082_white450px.jpg
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhh.

That, too. It's packed with caffeine, which is why I liked it.