Meal prep ideas

Options
katonfire1
katonfire1 Posts: 8 Member
What’s your favorite go to meal prep? I am a very busy mom and I work a full time job as a technician and sometimes have to work up to 80 hours in a week so I don’t usually get to cook for my family during the week days and weekends sometimes too... so DoorDash has become a usual thing and unfortunately I have gained back a bunch of the weight I had worked so hard to get off back... so looking for some good meal prep ideas to keep in the fridge/freezer so I can have them ready for myself and my family during the week 😁
Note: I also have a two year old so some kid friendly meal prep ideas would be amazing also ☺️
Much love and hope everyone hits their goals! ❤️

Replies

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I swear by my crock pot. Once a week I make a batch of soup/ stew/ chili. We eat some and freeze some so there's a variety of choices in the freezer as well. Just put it on in the morning and however many hours later dinner is served.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I swear by my crock pot. Once a week I make a batch of soup/ stew/ chili. We eat some and freeze some so there's a variety of choices in the freezer as well. Just put it on in the morning and however many hours later dinner is served.

We made a chicken taco soup in the crockpot that the kids loved. I need to break that out more.
  • wandering44
    wandering44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My slow cooker and vacuum sealer get a good workout. Even though it's only the two of us, I find that cooking in batches is the easiest. Chili, meatloaf, beef brisket, pork picnic, dishes made with rotisserie chicken, pork spareribs with barbeque sauce and canned tomatoes, boneless leg of lamb, chicken wings, sausages. We have been on keto for 2 years. I have found some ready made sauces that are low carb - i.e. alfredo sauce, salsa, chili verde. I realize you don't have much free time but spending time on research is very beneficial. Good luck. It's great that you are working to keep your family healthy. We are fortunate - we do not have a restaurant within 50 miles so eating out and/or delivery is not an option.
  • _jenrose91
    _jenrose91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ordered some meal prep containers for my birthday, I'm so excited to meal prep!
  • DeterminedMummy94x
    DeterminedMummy94x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie, but I often batch cook using my slow cooker-

Mild chickpea and lentil curry with whatever suitable veggies I have in the house, and cauliflower rice.

Pasta bake, again whatever I have in vegetable wise is thrown in there too, freezes well and kids love it.

Cauliflower cheese is another hit in my house and again, it freezer well.

Mild korma with meat free quorn pieces, cauliflower, chickpeas, onions, bit of tomato puree and I always use the patak paste pots for quickness.

Bolognese sauce with whatever suitable veg, I use quorn mince but im sure meat mince would work too. I freeze the sauce and then I just make the spaghetti as and when I need it.

Loaded potatoes are a favourite too, I pop in crockpot with fry light, small drop of water, some powdered cheese sauce, and top with what every random bits take my fancy. Usually quorn ham, onions, garlic etc. But my friend makes it with chopped bacon and cheese etc too. I keep this in fridge, so have no idea how well it freezes.

Chilli con carne is an easy one too, mince, kidney beans, tomatoes and I cheat and use the sachet chilli sauce mix.
  • rajashrid116
    rajashrid116 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go through the https://bynature.in/pages/recipes for some healthy recipes