sad about messing up on my diet

Options
:sad: :sad: I have been on my diet for 10 days now... I lost 7 pounds in 8 days and then... I got sick and just blew my diet! I went to the doctor today and I have gained 3 of those pounds back... I guess It makes me wonder if I will be able to keep my weight off... I mean I am working out and back on my diet today...I didnt work out today bc I am sick but I will when I get better. I didnt even eat that much during the days I have been sick... I am so upset :( does anyone know the key to keeping it off? I feel like if I miss a work out Im screwed :(:angry:

Replies

• ljunior
    ljunior Posts: 13
    Options
    :sad: :sad: I have been on my diet for 10 days now... I lost 7 pounds in 8 days and then... I got sick and just blew my diet! I went to the doctor today and I have gained 3 of those pounds back... I guess It makes me wonder if I will be able to keep my weight off... I mean I am working out and back on my diet today...I didnt work out today bc I am sick but I will when I get better. I didnt even eat that much during the days I have been sick... I am so upset :( does anyone know the key to keeping it off? I feel like if I miss a work out Im screwed :(:angry:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Your body is fighting bugs right now!! Just take care of your body and get plenty of rest.

Everyone is different, but I tend to swell up when I am not feeling well, so the weight could just be water weight..........
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Not to mention your weight changes daily actually hourly depending on fluid intakes, what you eat. Like LeanLioness says it is probably just water weight.
    Don't lose heart and I hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Your body is fighting bugs right now!! Just take care of your body and get plenty of rest.

Everyone is different, but I tend to swell up when I am not feeling well, so the weight could just be water weight..........
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep in mind that your weight fluctuates.

My weight fluctuated 4 pounds fom yesterday to today.

There are many factors that cause it. Don't let it stress you out or discourage you!!! :flowerforyou:

Keep at it!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better. :flowerforyou: I would say to just give your body time to recover before you start worry about dieting, and drink lots of water! :smile:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You lost 7 pounds in 8 days? Maybe that helped you to get sick. Your body went "WTF?" and succumbed to infection so you'd stop losing weight that fast. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    First, that's a hell of a lot of weight to lose so fast.
    Second, you're making a mistake calling it a diet.

I've said this a couple of times in my scattered posts - when you consider it a diet, you are telling yourself its temporary. No one plans to be on a diet forever. So you're telling yourself that you're going to go on a 'diet,' dump the pounds, and then go back to the way you ate beforehand - the way we all ate to get where we started. Doesn't seem to make much sense does it? Now, I know you probably don't think it means much, but when you refer to it like a diet, you're subconsciously telling yourself that its a temporary thing so it's ok to be unnaturally severe - unsustainably severe.

See, the weight isn't the problem, its a symptom. The eating behavior is the problem, and the only way to learn to control that is to take your time, and learn to live a whole new way - a way you don't just 'deal with' but a way you love and want to stick to. So suppose you diet, dump the weight... well, you've still got the original problem.

Don't doubt yourself. You can do it, and don't worry about the 3 pounds you gained back. Falling off horses don't matter, what counts is if you get back on. And don't call it a diet! :wink:
  • ljunior
    ljunior Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok so Its not a diet lol I am training myself into not eating as much ... I have done really well and have watched what I ate and I have exersized every day so I dont want you to think that I have been starving myself... and yes 7 pounds is a lot to lose so fast but I didnt mean to lol it just came along with it... Thanks everyone for your comments and I will be better soon. I just feel like I will not be as enthused (sp?) the next week and will make all last weeks work a waste :(

First, that's a hell of a lot of weight to lose so fast.
    Second, you're making a mistake calling it a diet.

I've said this a couple of times in my scattered posts - when you consider it a diet, you are telling yourself its temporary. No one plans to be on a diet forever. So you're telling yourself that you're going to go on a 'diet,' dump the pounds, and then go back to the way you ate beforehand - the way we all ate to get where we started. Doesn't seem to make much sense does it? Now, I know you probably don't think it means much, but when you refer to it like a diet, you're subconsciously telling yourself that its a temporary thing so it's ok to be unnaturally severe - unsustainably severe.

See, the weight isn't the problem, its a symptom. The eating behavior is the problem, and the only way to learn to control that is to take your time, and learn to live a whole new way - a way you don't just 'deal with' but a way you love and want to stick to. So suppose you diet, dump the weight... well, you've still got the original problem.

Don't doubt yourself. You can do it, and don't worry about the 3 pounds you gained back. Falling off horses don't matter, what counts is if you get back on. And don't call it a diet! :wink: