Milestones - How do you celebrate when you reach one

How to your celebrate when you reach a milestone in your journey to your goal. What do you reward yourself with. I recently reached my goal of losing my 100 pounds instead food which a lot of people suggested I went shopping for a new workout outfit. Then I thought back to what I did over the past 2 1/2 years. I thought for my 25 pounder I went to the spa and got my nails and toes done. And at 50 pound I finally felt comfortable enough with my body to get a massage.
So today I am wondering what other people do to celebrate their milestones/successes. Now I am trying to think of things to do to celebrate maintaining - so please any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Clothes, albeit used/from poshmark, that actually freaking fit. I've only lost 30lbs, but I've gone down a whole bunch of pants sizes. Jeans that fit are my reward :P

Congrats on your 30 pound lost and it's not a only it's great. What is poshmark I saw it in another post the other day is it a store, a resale shop.? Thanks 😍😍
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited February 2021
    I bought myself a fancy new fitness tracker when I went from obese to overweight.

Aside from that, I don't really reward myself for special goals, I do nice things for myself all the time 😁
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »
    Clothes, albeit used/from poshmark, that actually freaking fit. I've only lost 30lbs, but I've gone down a whole bunch of pants sizes. Jeans that fit are my reward :P

Congrats on your 30 pound lost and it's not a only it's great. What is poshmark I saw it in another post the other day is it a store, a resale shop.? Thanks 😍😍

It's a resale website a little like ebay only mostly centered around clothes (some other stuff like pets and household goods, but that's about it) only usually better quality and much better search capability - and better buyer protection. It's my go to between changing sizes and the pandemic making me absolutely not wanting to go into a real store.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I bought myself a fancy new fitness tracker when I went from obese to overweight.

Aside from that, I don't really reward myself for special goals, I do nice things for myself all the time 😁

Congrats that's a nice accomplishment going from obese to overweight. I bought a fitness tracker but not a reward to figure out how many steps I was doing in a day. Have a great weekend.
  • mpkpbk2015

It's a resale website a little like ebay only mostly centered around clothes (some other stuff like pets and household goods, but that's about it) only usually better quality and much better search capability - and better buyer protection. It's my go to between changing sizes and the pandemic making me absolutely not wanting to go into a real store.

Thanks I will go google it, I used to go to resale shops all the time before covid - I have stopped shopping in stores this is a good alternative thanks. Have a great weekend.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    I plan on upgrading my Garmin when I hit some weight loss and running distance goals. If things continue on the way they've been going, I'm hoping that will happen in 2 or 3 months.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member

Congrats that's a nice accomplishment going from obese to overweight. I bought a fitness tracker but not a reward to figure out how many steps I was doing in a day. Have a great weekend.

Well, I already had a tracker, but it was a basic one and it was getting a bit old. I figured I'd treat myself to an upgrade 🙂
  • mpkpbk2015
    I plan on upgrading my Garmin when I hit some weight loss and running distance goals. If things continue on the way they've been going, I'm hoping that will happen in 2 or 3 months.

You will do it. From what I have heard the Garmin is pretty nice. It gives some really good graphics and trending information. Good luck.
  • mpkpbk2015

Well, I already had a tracker, but it was a basic one and it was getting a bit old. I figured I'd treat myself to an upgrade 🙂

I may get a fitbit for my birthday so I can connect directly with MFP.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    I don't know yet because I've only lost 12 pounds. I did buy myself some new walking shoes, but I needed them. When I lose all the weight, then for maintaining I will reward with a monthly massage. Putting that out there right now, because I love a good massage. Also, I've never had a pedicure and everyone is saying I should, so I'll do that for some big milestone. oooh, I also want to cut my long curly hair so that will also be another reward, when I get thinner in the face. I want a dog too and spouse says no more, but I may be able to change his mind if I do all the walking and pet care, so I am considering that too.
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 170 Member
    I love the idea, like Zyvi above, of buying some new music when I reach a goal. For now, for every 10lb loss, I fill up my tub and take a long soak. I have a selection of bath bombs and I get the candles out and some type of adult beverage. It's the little things, you know? Thanks for sharing your stories, everyone.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Zyvi wrote: »
    I have 2 categories of milestones I am looking forward to and I celebrate them in 2 different ways.

Listed milestones here on MFP (in the "About Me" section on my profile) -- I celebrate these by filling out the date when each is reached. I look forward to filling in the date on these so much, it's enough heheh.

Every 10 pounds -- I celebrate by buying a music album.

I am not sure yet what I will do for maintenance rewards... maybe continue the music album collection or maybe a new outfit every few months.

Love it I am going to start doing this. Thanks what a great idea.
  • mpkpbk2015
    I love the idea, like Zyvi above, of buying some new music when I reach a goal. For now, for every 10lb loss, I fill up my tub and take a long soak. I have a selection of bath bombs and I get the candles out and some type of adult beverage. It's the little things, you know? Thanks for sharing your stories, everyone.

Bath bombs sounds really cool. Thanks for sharing. And its pretty inexpensive so i can do it monthly as I maintain.
  • mpkpbk2015
    I don't know yet because I've only lost 12 pounds. I did buy myself some new walking shoes, but I needed them. When I lose all the weight, then for maintaining I will reward with a monthly massage. Putting that out there right now, because I love a good massage. Also, I've never had a pedicure and everyone is saying I should, so I'll do that for some big milestone. oooh, I also want to cut my long curly hair so that will also be another reward, when I get thinner in the face. I want a dog too and spouse says no more, but I may be able to change his mind if I do all the walking and pet care, so I am considering that too.

Massages are great I did it and my body thanked me. It motivated me to workout more the next week because i felt really loose. Thanks for sharing.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    I have milestones on my profile too, and I also made a really big map of a fictional island and the path to it is laid out by dots. Each pound I lose, I put a star sticker on a dot. I'm pretty far along in my healthy journey! I use different color stars for five and ten pound marks. I kind of want to get a nice tattoo when I reach my ultimate goal but honestly - just having a healthier more fit life is also a HUGE reward at this point.
  • DarlaJL82
    DarlaJL82 Posts: 58 Member
    When I went from obese to overweight, I got a mani/pedi. I usually only do a pedicure in the spring and summer so one in the winter and a manicure was a real treat. I'm still a few months from being no longer overweight but I like some of these ideas for a celebration when that comes.
  • Jobbe77
    Jobbe77 Posts: 21 Member
    I just recently set my rewards at 15 pound intervals. New hair do, microbladed eyebrows, new clothes, hair removal treatments. Wanna come out of this pandemic smoking, lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Well, I'm one of those people who is highly intrinsically motivated, so outside rewards aren't that important to me. When I achieve a goal, just knowing I did it gives me a huge charge. I'm giving myself all kinds of internal high fives and pats on the back, etc. But I wouldn't reject a cash award if it was offered. *wink, wink*

I'm a big fan of doing what works for the individual. Rewarding oneself is a fine way to stay motivated if that's what works for you. If you work hard for something, you deserve a reward. I think rewards that sound good to me, personally, are fitness or health related, like new workout clothes or gear, or getting a sports massage, maybe a trip someplace with lots of outdoor recreational opportunities...

You've had great success. Reward yourself! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!