A little bit of a humorous vent...

Options
Okay, I hope this doesn't come across as mean-spirited, but something struck me as funny today... I am continuously seeing posts from people who say they "can't make themselves eat enough," or they "are stuck in starvation mode" and "help what do I do I can't get enough calories!"

Really? Almost all of us are on this website because eating way too many calories was way too easy for us for way too long. Let's not pretend that all of sudden its a "struggle" to make it past the 1,000 calorie mark. Quit glorifying your undereating and acting like you are not hungry... just follow the program as it's laid out for you and it will work.

There, just had to get that off my chest :)

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If I could forget to eat, or have trouble eating enough, I'd celebrate by eating, lol.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I struggle every day to stay under my calorie limit. I have NO PROBLEM getting calories in. LOL
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Love it! The only time I have issues not making my goal is when I exercise a butt ton or if I'm sick. Other than that, I can ALWAYS find something to balance out my day! You're completely right!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    If I could forget to eat, or have trouble eating enough, I'd celebrate by eating, lol.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! :)
  • klewis81
    Options
    I completely agree!! Eating enough hasNEVER been an issue.
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    i agree with every word you said. also blows my mind how some people eat only 1000 burn 500 and wonder y they re not losing
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! :)

Love it! and I agree with this post fully! Its not hard to eat a few table spoons of peanut butter - for me anyway! probably why I'm here lol!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    true story!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Totally. It's like people are AFRAID to snack. If you're having trouble eating enough... EAT A PEACH. Add a banana to your 1/2 cup of cereal... (who can start a day on a half cup of cereal? Certainly not me. I have a WHOLE cup of cereal, with 1% Milk, NOT skim, yogurt, AND a piece of fruit for breakfast. I can pack 400 calories into ONE meal easily.

And if people can't do that? Have a glass of milk with lunch instead of water. It "does a body good"...:laugh:
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I agree...I sure didn't get here by under-eating haha. t think a lot of the time if someone says they can't get enough calories, it's because they don't know/have a hard time filling their day with 1200+ HEALTHY calories.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    haha! I have thought this so many times!!!!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Switching from "junk" to healthy bulky foods like vegetables does leave me feeling very full - and I can see that this could be one scenario. Those situations are easy enough to fix - drizzle some olive oil on the veggies, add a bit of cheese, eat some nuts and you're there.

But don't forget that some of the people on this site are actually dealing with eating disorders - their sense of food is skewed. They may sincerely be struggling with putting the food in their mouths - not as a physical response to the food but as a psychological one. At some level, they don't really WANT to eat all their calories, and saying it's too hard gives them an easy excuse to continue starving themselves.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    it used to be a struggle for me to get under like 3000 calories, then it became a struggle to get over 800. people who say "WHY CAN'T YOU EAT MORE" are just the same people who say "WHY CAN'T YOU EAT LESS", except coming from the opposite side. people have a hard time with eating well in general, and support is generally better than something like this.
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh My Word, it is so nice to hear someone say this. I try to be understanding of everybody's struggles because we are all different but after a while, and many nights going to bed feeling hungry but at the top end of my calories, I get so tired of seeing people say they can't eat enough. I mean, there are so many options to add calories that are not that filling, nuts or peanut butter or something like that. Again we are all different and have our different struggles but it is really hard to be hungry and out of calories for the day only to see yet another post about not getting enough.
  • rhiannonchallans
    Options
    Oh my, agreed. I see those posts and I can never understand them. Unless your diet is purely lettuce (which I can understand finding it hard to eat over 1,000 calories worth per day) or you're burning off thousands of calories in exercise, which logically should make you hungrier anyway!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Your wrong!...... I at times have problems eating enough
    I try and eat atleast 80% clean I try to burn as close to 1000
    cal a day as possible.
    Just because people are having trouble eating enough dos'nt
    mean we want to grab a coke and a king dong, I eat lots every 2 hrs
    check out some of my diary, no im not perfect I have bad choices
    but i struggle with getting enough net calories most days.
    Everyone is different and there post mean there having trouble with the right choices
    to reach there goal not just eating anything
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    LOL, I completely agree. I cannot relate at all to those posts.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten a lot, I just ate the wrong things. I'm not severely overweight, in fact, my starting weight is some's goal weight. I'd like to lose about 20 more pounds though. Now that I'm eating healthfully, I can eat a lot more, but I don't always meet my calorie goal, as set by MFP. Especially when I exercise. I'm not glorifying undereating, or pretending not to be hungry. I eat until I feel full, and sometimes I'm still under.

I try to eat more. Today, I'm not feeling well, so it's an exception to the general rule. I have to have low cholesterol, as I have a stent in my artery, so that limits my choices some. But I do try.

Let the hating commence... :wink:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i agree to an extent, most of these peoples problems is they start getting food anxiety and get kind of scared of eating more than 1000 cals a day or something. its happened to me before, but i made myself increase my calories.
    some people even feel slightly accomplished for coming under 1000 calories or something, even though it is unhealthy