NSV with pics - Hello old friends!

I was getting somewhat discouraged because I've been continuing to work hard and my weight has been bouncing around the same number for 3+ weeks. I'm less than 10 pounds to my goal, so I know that's normal, but it's still somewhat frustrating.

Then this morning I was poking around in my closet getting rid of clothes that are 3 sizes too big (YAY!) and way in the back I found two size 8 dresses and a pantsuit that I wore over 25 years ago when I was probably at the height of my fitness (in the Air Force, running 50 miles a week, active in other sports and chasing three small kids around). I have a formal picture of myself wearing the red one with my 25 year old daughter when she was a baby and I've looked at it wistfully for years thinking, "you were so thin then". Of course, I tried all three outfits on to see how much I needed to lose to zip them up and all of them fit (sort of). The belt on the black dress is about an inch or two small - I wouldn't want to sit down in it, but I was able to "suck it in" and get it on. Halleluya!! I have no idea is any of these clothes are even in style any more ( I'm guessing the pantsuit isn't). My nod to style over recent years was "does this make me look fatter?". Even if I never wear these clothes again, getting them back on makes me feel SO much better about my lack of "scale" progress. Here are the dresses:

P1180865-1.jpg

P1180866-1.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!