Weigh Training Program

Options
Hey my fitness pals,
Hope you all are doing wonderful in your journeys. I am stuck in mine. For once in my life i've got the cardio part down, but am struggling to come up with an awesome weight training program. I know that building muscle helps with weight loss and so now i'm on a mission to find myself the right weight training program for me. I'd like to see what some of you are doing at your gyms currently. So if anyone has a program that they have seen some pretty good results with or has any suggestions for me I'm all ears!

Thanks so much for all the support and friendship!!!

Katie:wink:

Replies

• pikapuffie
    Options
    chalean extreme is awesome! i've seen great results in reshaping my body even though i'm not at my GW yet. chalene is really motivating and i love her!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • runner3590
    Options
    Hi There,
    If you have a DVD player and a little room, supreme 90 and P90X both provide great strength training programs. If you are looking to go the gym, take advantage of the personal trainers, they always offer a free session. Get them to make up a program for you.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If it's an option for you, maybe look into a couple of sessions with a personal trainer. I create my own strength routines now, based on past ones that trainers designed for me. Plus, it's nice to have someone check your form and verify that your weights aren't too heavy/light, etc. as you're learning new exercises.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've been weight training for 1 week and I love it. I also lost weight this week, so I'm really ecstatic. I made an appointment with a trainer and got a good start up program going. It's not that expensive so look into it.
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I utilize Bodybuilding.com they have a place where you can choose your age, gender and goal and then a selection of programs come up. I use the Labrada one. It's pretty generic in that men or women can use it for muscle gain or fat loss. Plus he has diet tips, recipes, and workout tips. You can click videos to see how an exercise is done. Oh and it's free.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
    Bench press 3 x 8
    Bent row 3 x 8
    Military press 3 x 8
    SLDL 3 x 8
    BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.