New Goal

I think I need a new goal to work towards. I successfully lost 95 pounds over the last two years and have gotten to a point in my fitness where I don't struggle with every day living. I would say I'm fit at an intermediate level. I have some physical limitations (rheumatoid arthritis) that makes races or other high impact funness out of reach. Do you guys have any creative suggestions?

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    What type of physical activities do you do now? What do you enjoy (i.e. indoors, outside, etc.)? Do you have access to a gym?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    It's hard for an outsider to suggest anything beyond "Citius, Altius, Fortius".
    There's nothing on your profile to suggest what you do let alone what you like.

I'm very motivated by fitness goals and challenges but I'd suggest that the arena you choose should have a big element of enjoyment too.

What do you like?
    What are you good at?
    Do you thrive on comeptition against others or is challenging yourself enough?
    Do you love a completely new challenge?
  • erinfsutton
    erinfsutton Posts: 3 Member
    I mainly walk/hike an hour a day and complete a 30-45 minute hasfit video 5 times a week. I do this with my 13 year old daughter so she needs to bless it and is very picky. My main reason for the shotgun request was to get as many random ideas out there so I can bounce them off her...my imagination is crappy ☺️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    edited March 2021
    Are there any skill-based active things that appeal to you, and that would be doable? Maybe achieving certain yoga postures, learning to play some active game, studying a martial art (they come in varied levels/types of challenge), lifting increased amounts of weight, any of various types of dance, learning to skate/ski/snowshoe/whatever . . . ?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    • Swimming and setting new personal records for various distances
    • Cross-country skiing, and more specifically, biathlon - you have to be fit to do that.
    • Bicycling - average pace or distance attained
    • Bonsai - start now; they are for your grandchildren
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I mainly walk/hike an hour a day and complete a 30-45 minute hasfit video 5 times a week. I do this with my 13 year old daughter so she needs to bless it and is very picky. My main reason for the shotgun request was to get as many random ideas out there so I can bounce them off her...my imagination is crappy ☺️

Maybe get a guide to local and not so local country walks and hikes?
    Personally I like hill walks as the summit provides a nice goal.
    Any walking or hiking groups near you?

I took up cycling serioulsy in my 50's and it's been a fantastic way to explore near and far. Organised events (non-competive, or more accurately in my case self-competive!) are brilliant ways to get an expert guide to completely new areas.
  • erinfsutton
    erinfsutton Posts: 3 Member
    Great ideas! Thank you! ♥️