Sexy and Sassy - Week 3 (Closed Group)

Options
SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES
Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right?
Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 3 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week THREE Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are at the 1/2 way mark! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series.
    Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Triceps Kickbacks, 3 sets of Wood chops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!
  • sass30
    Options
    Don't forget you can find all of this at

http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    just checking
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this so quickly. I can't wait to get back in the groove.
  • januarygal
    Options
    I completed Day 6 week 2 and day 1 week 3 today along with 10K walk. I will take Monday as my day off because it is a very long work day for me without much exercise time.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Right now my mind is willing but my body says NOOOOO!!!!!! (been on my feet too long today) It will say yes tomorrow.
  • sass30
    Options
    Ugh! Well my normal workout is done this morning but I won't have time to do the challenge until later today. have a beautiful day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Amazing what I day can do. I am back to my pre-vacation weight of 119. I have to marvel at how the body adjusts to water, salt, and the general junk we put in it. Well, it's on the breakfast and a work-out. Have a great day.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    at work, but just now having my first cup of coffee for the day...i hope i can drum up some enthusiasum for the day soon or its gunna be a long day!

hope everyone else is having a great day!
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Now I know why my usual weigh-in day is Monday, my weight loss never seems to show up until then. The bloating is down and so is the weight by one pound right on schedule. Guess I will have to count it for this week's loss unless it's not too late to change last week's.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Now I know why my usual weigh-in day is Monday, my weight loss never seems to show up until then. The bloating is down and so is the weight by one pound right on schedule. Guess I will have to count it for this week's loss unless it's not too late to change last week's.

I agree. Yesterday I was 122 for a gain. Today I was 119 for a loss. Que sera!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am just saving this for later. I am too sick to do much of anything right now due to a nasty virus that is keeping me in the bathroom. I lost 2 lbs(before sickness). I did all the bushman plus tabata & 5-5ks last week before I got sick Saturday. I hope that my body will bounce back after I've kicked this bug. I will probably be taking it easy until then, but good luck this week to everyone else. And congrats to everyone on the weight losses, even the ones AFTER the weigh-in Sunday.
  • sass30
    Options
    Completed the day 1 bushman challenge today. over water and under calories. I have a heavy scratchiness in my chest and super sweatiness one minute and chills the next. not looking good folks, hopefully it's gone in the morning. maybe an extra glass of wine do it!
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share with everyone how much of a genius I am...the first week of challenges when we did 50 globe jumps, that is exactly what I did; 50 complete sets (meaning 4 jumps totaling 1 globe jump). I was so done with the bushman after that!! I now see Gary's comment about each jump counts as one!!! AHHHHHHHHHH my legs killed me the last time!

Anyway, I completed the pygmy for the day. Under calories and met water.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share with everyone how much of a genius I am...the first week of challenges when we did 50 globe jumps, that is exactly what I did; 50 complete sets (meaning 4 jumps totaling 1 globe jump). I was so done with the bushman after that!! I now see Gary's comment about each jump counts as one!!! AHHHHHHHHHH my legs killed me the last time!

Anyway, I completed the pygmy for the day. Under calories and met water.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    You're not alone. I was doing the extra count for globes jumps last month week and one day when I just couldn't go on any more it occurred to me that maybe each jump counted.

My genius moment today was thinking doing the pygmy instead of the bushman would save me time. I forgot how long it takes me to walk 2 miles. So completed pygmy today but will be back to bushman tomorrow. Will be under calories and have already met water for the day.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Oh how I agree with all the previous comments. I also did quadruple globe jumps and chose the pygmy challenges while on vacation thinking it would be quicker.

I completed the exercises for today and did the five mile jog (don't you love how we switch between kilometers and miles). A word of advice to all of you under 50 women (actually two words) - KEGEL EXERCISES. I have an almost embarrassing moment during the 5 mile jog.
  • januarygal
    Options
    Tuesday
    under calories
    over water
    pygmy challenge
    over 2 hours of cardio activity
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    under calories, over water, challenges complete, extra 5 miles complete. Went out to eat again. It's killing me to not have to cook. Tomorrow we are heading to a dinner theater (matinee), so no cooking again. I can't wait until my husband and I are back to work. This leisurely lifestyle is too much for me.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Didn't get to the challenges today, will double up tomorrow. Over water, under on calories. Not looking forward to the 5 miles. Not sure if my knees can take it. Will probably save for the weekend and take my phone in case I need the hubby to save me.