Still hungry?....

Options
Anyone else staying within there calorie count but still extremely hungry? I feel as if I am famished all the time/day? Any tips on how to control this?

Replies

• mrBLOB84
    mrBLOB84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Protein absolutely, vegetables not so good, fat and fiber are on point
  • mrBLOB84
    Options
    300 lbs shooting for around 250 lbs 36 m. Protein shake for breakfast, 1 sandwich for lunch and usually chicken of some sort for dinner....
  • mrBLOB84
    Options
    Around 2,250 calories for the day
  • mrBLOB84
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and Suggestions everyone. Helpful stuff. Thanks again everyone who had imput!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Have you started recently? If so it can take a while to adjust to eating less than you're used to, especially if you were overeating before.

Also though, it does depend what you're actually eating and what your calories are set to. Some people have them set too low thinking that will help them lose weight faster, but then it's impossible to stick to and so they don't.

For a sedentary woman the absolute minimum should be around 1200-1300 and for a man no less than 1500-1600.

1200 is actually very hard to stick to though. I'm female, lightly active, and have mine set on 1500. I lose weight pretty consistently on that without feeling too hungry.

Eating more protein also helps you stay full and foods which are high in volume but low in calories (like grapes, carrot sticks with houmous, etc). They fill your stomach without taking up a load of your calorie allowance.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    One more tip -

If you think about it, even if you're eating just a tiny bit less than you were before, that's an improvement and you might see some loss.

How many calories do you think you were having per day before you started this?

Say it was 3,000 and you say you're currently set to 2,250. Try increasing it to 2,500 whilst your body gets used to this. It will be a gentler transition and you will still probably lose weight because it's less than you were eating previously. Just do it gradually like that and don't be too harsh with yourself.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Is your weight loss reflecting 2250 intake, faster, or slower? Sounds like you're aiming for 2lbs a week? How tall are you? Is 250 within normal weight range for you in which case your deficit is (too) aggressive, or just a first goal to see how things go in which case it may be more appropriate.

Are you eating enough veggies, fruits... filler items?

While I will now eat the occasional sandwich, when I first started to count calories during weight loss, at that time, I didn't find sandwiches particularly filling for me. So there might be done optimization you can do by evaluating the food you ate vs the calories vs how satisfied and satiated you ended up.

That said, if you are losing at 2lbs a week or faster, I would first look at the appropriateness of your deficit size

For someone to in the overweight range at 250 lbs they have to be 6'5" or more. Now if someone is extremely well muscled they could be fine on bodyfat at 250 lbs but we are talking NFL linebacker well muscled.

Without further information, 2 pounds a week is fine for someone at 300 pounds.
  • gionrogado
    gionrogado Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    calorie counting is hard when you are just starting out. i experienced strong cravings and general laziness on my first MONTH of calorie counting. but i kept at it. when i finally got used to it, i added workouts and decreased calories. sometimes you are just thirsty. drink a glass or two of water and wait 10 to 20 minutes to kick in. usually the hungry/thirsty signs stop also spread out your calories throughout the day. i dont crave anymore, but i find it easier to work through the day if i spread my calories out. i have 3 meals and i snack between those meals. helped with the cravings before, helps with my stamina now.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    gionrogado wrote: »
    calorie counting is hard when you are just starting out. i experienced strong cravings and general laziness on my first MONTH of calorie counting. but i kept at it. when i finally got used to it, i added workouts and decreased calories. sometimes you are just thirsty. drink a glass or two of water and wait 10 to 20 minutes to kick in. usually the hungry/thirsty signs stop also spread out your calories throughout the day. i dont crave anymore, but i find it easier to work through the day if i spread my calories out. i have 3 meals and i snack between those meals. helped with the cravings before, helps with my stamina now.

I do this sometimes in the little space before dinner and it's really helpful! I did this yesterday, in fact, and by the time I got ready to eat I wasn't skarfing down my food in two seconds. Instead, since I wasn't feeling so hungry I was able to slow down a bit and enjoy it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    mrBLOB84 wrote: »
    Around 2,250 calories for the day

A protein shake for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and some chicken for dinner doesn't sound like 2,250 calories. I eat around 2300-2500 calories per day to lose about 1 Lb per week, and it's quite a bit more food than that...unless of course these are very big portions or something.

This actually seems low on everything...