Always hungry?

Options
Trying to be good about staying on track with my calories but I am hungry all day every day! Any one else experience this?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? weight? height? Age? MFP typically sets calories too low.
    For me its taken some trial and error of makes me hungry or is satisfying. Timing of eating- When I eat early Im hungry all day. If I wait until lunch time to have my first big meal of the day I do much better.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    mrBLOB84 wrote: »
    Trying to be good about staying on track with my calories but I am hungry all day every day! Any one else experience this?

need more info. Age, sex. height, weight, activity level, average intake of calories, food selection? All that would help.
  • mrBLOB84
    mrBLOB84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    36 m 6’4 300 lbs. semi active have a ankle injury which puts a damper on activity for the moment. Food selection is pretty healthy no sugars around 2,250 calories a day. Trying to stay a bit under that daily. Any thoughts?
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    YMMV but for me it took me a while to dial my macros in. It took me a while to find the right ratio of protein/carb/fat with the right minimum amount of protein grams per day.

The other thing I will say that I do when I am having the most success is that if I feel hungry, i first drink more water. If I am still hungry, I eat without worry, making sure to eat something that fits into my overall macro/protein goals.
  • fitb4quitgirl
    fitb4quitgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is a good chance you may be thirsty! Are you drinking enough water each day, consistently throughout the day? I have been eating on a schedule the last 2 weeks and it has helped tremendously with cravings, as well as staying hydrated.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a soda stream and find drinking that with sugar free water flavour stuff really heps. I also dont eat until lunch.
    I find if I get bored I get hungry. I am also recovering from surgery-shoulder and spine. Im a bit more mobile than you so walking when I think im hungry helps.
    Also snacking on cucumbers as I can eat lots for little.
    Hope that made sense
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    mrBLOB84 wrote: »
    36 m 6’4 300 lbs. semi active have a ankle injury which puts a damper on activity for the moment. Food selection is pretty healthy no sugars around 2,250 calories a day. Trying to stay a bit under that daily. Any thoughts?

If you're feeling hungry then don't try to stay under 2,250, just try to meet that. That's your calorie allowance so you should lose weight on that amount. There's no point in depriving yourself needlessly to try and boost it - I know it's tempting to make it go faster, but that is how people set themselves up to fail because it becomes very hard to stick to! Just take it easy and do what you can :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    We're already discussing this in your identical other thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826230/still-hungry/p1