I want to see some bike pictures!

Replies

• JGT001
    JGT001 Posts: 21 Member
    I don't think my cheap mountain bike from Walmart would fit in with these rides, but it gets the job done when I'm looking to change things up a little in my routine.
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    @amorfati601070 - Awesome shots of your bikes! I take a photo of every bike I’ve owned as soon as I build it. I get a bit choked up looking back through the pics. No stolen bikes here, only one wrecked beyond repair, but lots of great memories!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    tbilly20 wrote: »
    @amorfati601070 - Awesome shots of your bikes! I take a photo of every bike I’ve owned as soon as I build it. I get a bit choked up looking back through the pics. No stolen bikes here, only one wrecked beyond repair, but lots of great memories!

The white TCR is prolly the most sentimental. It got totalled in a hit and run! It was my main bike for like 3 years. I built up the Avanti and Trek. I kinda miss the folding bike. Get a bit on edge riding these flashy road bikes to the shops, but I don’t live in such a ghetto area now lol
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Trek 2018 X-Caliber 9. Family bought it for me, as a Christmas 2017 present and retirement gift. "Go riding," they said, "it'll be good for you." They were right. It was. And is. Down about 85lbs (could still go a lot more), much better physically. and quality of life much improved - even with the 2020 covid lockdown/quarantine/etc. impairment on riding. I was inspired to take up riding again in summer 2017 by my daughter's participation in a local women's tri event, and the wide sprectrum of participants. I dug out my old 1980s Fuji Touring Series IV from the garage, where it languished for about 30 yrs while I did career stuff, spruced it up prior to getting it shop-tuned and promptly crashed it (my fault, long story with consequences). It was no longer the bike for me, nor I for it, even though I loved that bike. I ride the X-Cal everywhere, road and trail, about 50/50 on-road/off-road, about 80/20 paved/unpaved and have hauled it from the FL Keys to Ontario Canada from my base in coastal NJ USA.

Pic 1 is the Trek at an observation deck in the Sandy Hook unit of Gateway National Recreation Area, NJ (near where I live). Pic 2 is the Fuji on her way to a grateful new owner last summer.

niwoos7yx1j0.jpg

4dxfxklcdu9o.jpg

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I love her because she's fun to ride. She handles exactly the way I want and expect a bike to handle, so she feels like an extension of my body.

46869668195_dfa039edaa_o_d.jpg
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    I will live vicariously through all of you! I'm about 10 weeks away from being able to share... Still many inches of snow and ice here and much more to come.
  • tbilly20
    edited March 2021
    @Angella__613 - I started on bike that was about 4 sizes too small for me, and I rode that sucker til the wheels fell off (actually the bearings crumbled out!). You appreciate a good bike so much, when you’ve paid your dues on something else!

Also, mad props if you snapped that pic while pedaling!!!
  • tbilly20
    @NorthCascades - The best bikes always dive into turns effortlessly and feel more like appendages than machines. I had a Pinarello F10 Disk that felt that way for me. I had a Cervelo S3 Disc that was close, but the tire clearance was lacking when they first hit the disc brake market.

Very cool pic! What mountains are in the pic?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    zqj5d4qp9rw9.jpg

My 2015 Specialized Roubaix I use in winter and poor conditions. Celebrated lovely Spring sunshine by taking the mudguards off and doing a few laps of a chilly but beautiful Richmond Park (one of the Royal Parks just to the SW of London).
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    My TT bike which is up on the trainer right now waiting for the snow to go bye bye......

utebkbmthykn.jpg

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    zqj5d4qp9rw9.jpg

My 2015 Specialized Roubaix I use in winter and poor conditions. Celebrated lovely Spring sunshine by taking the mudguards off and doing a few laps of a chilly but beautiful Richmond Park (one of the Royal Parks just to the SW of London).

I just rented a Roubaix and rode from Florida City to Key West, 145 miles, last week. It was the first time I've been on that bike. Really liked the feel. I'd do it again!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    tbilly20 wrote: »
    @NorthCascades - The best bikes always dive into turns effortlessly and feel more like appendages than machines. I had a Pinarello F10 Disk that felt that way for me. I had a Cervelo S3 Disc that was close, but the tire clearance was lacking when they first hit the disc brake market.

Very cool pic! What mountains are in the pic?

You sound like a connesseur of fine bikes. 🙂

That's Washington Pass, the mountains on the left are "the wine spires," with names like Burgundy Spire, because the first guy to climb them had a girlfriend that loved wine. That highway took 90 years to build, they had to put it on hold for a while until they could find a poet.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    zqj5d4qp9rw9.jpg

I just rented a Roubaix and rode from Florida City to Key West, 145 miles, last week. It was the first time I've been on that bike. Really liked the feel. I'd do it again!

@Djproulx

The slighter higher headstock plus the fork and stay inserts help make it pretty comfortable and takes some of the road shock out from riding Britain's badly maintained roads. Not as fast or as taut as a racier bike but the compromises work for me as a slightly battered old fart!
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Inspirationalwaterjug Posts: 384 Member
    389apqeer7sv.jpg
    umnav7euf2tq.jpg
  • tbilly20
    @heytimsla - I love the Scott! They really combined every technology they could into this generation of Addict. The ride is superb as well. Looks like a SRAM Force AXS drivetrain too! Very cool.
  • tbilly20
    @NorthCascades - I’ve been blessed to make a career out of the bicycle. The hard part is having to get rid of bikes you love once technology evolves. I wish I could have kept them all!
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Inspirationalwaterjug Posts: 384 Member
    zemjgg7e20ku.jpg

The old tt team bike and yes I lost that bottle in the rear
  • Ahhh I'll have to add a photo of my bike in here when the final part I need comes and I get it put together! I'm definitely just a leisurely commuter/grocery-getter kind of biker with a cheap hybrid I bought a few years ago from bikesdirect, but I am super stoked about the changes I made to make it more comfy.

Do any of you use butterfly handles on your bikes? That's what I got to change out the regular straight ones that came with mine. I'm really excited to try them out and hopefully be able to go for longer distances without my wrists killing me. My longest ride was about 30 miles and something about those straight bars just don't agree with my arms!