Replies

• GeekDadCS
    GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Moi. All workout apps and our Peloton.
  • cyfehr76
    cyfehr76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do all training at home or the good old outdoors (running/walking the dog). All indoor training is FREE via YouTube :) . Full body workouts with weights and kickboxing works great on those cold/rainy days.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Me! While inside I use our elliptical, weights, bands and YouTube to find my workout of choice. Also, the great outdoors is always available for a lovely stroll.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Deodand wrote: »
    I work out 7 days a week, 45 to 60 minutes per session at home only. Even before COVID I preferred it because the local gyms were dirty influenza incubators, the equipment was broken and they were filled with children for some reason :)

Youtube has zillions of HIIT and strength training videos. No need to figure it out on your own.

I'm not a fan of gyms filled with children, either, Well, not a fan of gyms filled with people in general, but children in particular.

For those with children, I've belonged to several very nice YMCA with great programs for children, from daycare on up. So once it's safe to go back, I highly recommend them for you and your children, but I won't be seeing you there, lol.

YMCAs also have scholarship programs depending on income, which I think is nice as well.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I hate the gym. I couldn’t stand waiting for equipment, the less than equipped women’s area, people who wear perfume or heavy scents, etc.

I also found I always half-assed it and couldn’t wait to get out of there. The commute time and changing or locking up stuff in the changerooom was such a waste of my day.

I did enjoy a hot yoga studio but haven’t been in nearly a year since Covid. I will go back when safe but not as often as I’ve found other things I like to do and that benefit my physique more.

I absolutely love my home gym. I have everything I need at home. We have lots of space for movement, yoga with friends or whatever, a full mirrored wall, 50” smart tv for YouTube or streaming, dumbbells, barbells, punching bag, step, spin bike, treadmill, rower and other small gym equipment like padded bar, yoga ball, sliders, glute bands, etc.

I love working out at home and mostly use YouTube videos to do strength, cardio and spinning. I do yoga on my own. I walk regularly with friends or my husband and hike and bike.

In summer I often work out in the back yard and swim in the pool.

Ugh, perfume. I had to change the time of day I used the track at a Y because of an overly scented women. Yuck.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    What DancingMoosie said!! Sydney Cummings will change your LIFE! I never want to go back to the gym.

I have done Sydney Cummings every day since last July. My physique has changed so much! I’m in better shape at nearly 48 than I’ve ever been. I love her! No need for a gym.

Every time I hear "Sydney Cummings" I get her confused with Whitney Cummings, who does a hilarious comedy routine about a sex robot.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I prefer to get my cardio outdoors and have some pictures on this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825817/what-s-your-home-fitness-situation

I've been working on trails behind my house during the day and and at night stretching / yoga / doing the physical therapy exercises I've accumulated for my knee, hip & elbow.

I also have dumb bells 3 # - 25 # but have been sticking with just the physical therapy exercises lately as my elbow wasn't getting better while I was also working out. However, the exercises in the following video seem to have helped my elbow quite a bit and if I didn't mess my elbow again while working on the trail I may be able to resume strength training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIdAPUA3GY4&list=PLUXvX9BaxgqG9yO5XWB3gA_QshvrrcjVr&index=4&t=3s
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I do 🙋‍♀️ Since the pandemic I haven't went back to the gym. At home I use my elliptical, jump rope, weights, and workout videos. Once the weather gets better I'll start going for walks, jogs, swimming, tennis, and other outdoor activities. The only thing I miss about the gym is the variety of machines especially the stair master 😪 but working out at home is getting the job done too 💪
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yup! Got a little gym set up in our extra bedroom. You really don't need much. I have quite a bit of equiptment but I tend to lean towards more Youtube videos - strength, walking, step and kettlebell. I'm into Caroline Girvan, Brian Syuki, and Fitness Blender and most just use bodyweight and or dumbbells'.
    I like working out at home since my days tend to be long at work. I set my workout clothes out in the morning and when I come home after work, I change and jump right into my workout.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Yup! Got a little gym set up in our extra bedroom. You really don't need much. I have quite a bit of equiptment but I tend to lean towards more Youtube videos - strength, walking, step and kettlebell. I'm into Caroline Girvan, Brian Syuki, and Fitness Blender and most just use bodyweight and or dumbbells'.
    I like working out at home since my days tend to be long at work. I set my workout clothes out in the morning and when I come home after work, I change and jump right into my workout.

After looking at your username and profile picture I have to ask - do your furry friends "help" you workout?
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001

Of course, but only Maya.. she's my workout coach.My workouts are twice as long. The other one is just too lazy
    xnhooor47m6f.jpg

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have a stationary bike, treadmill, dumbells and a bench, resistance bands and a mat. Most found super cheap or free on Kijiji. Plus a huge river valley park system with lots of trails to explore 🙂