Options
13»

Replies

• standy73
    standy73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/usercard/54821409
    Hope that link above worked its my attemp at a copied name lol
    Ive attached a screen record of how “quote” doesnt let me reply :s even the emojis arnt legit :neutral:qf6kdwetb69b.png

And the spinning wheel...
    really can you just :-/
    I get so many replies or comms & cant reply direct... so antiquated
    I must seem so old and not techy LOL

My nxt option delete app im logged in so shouldnt lose anything🙏🏼🙏🏼
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    I never browse the forums through the MFP app, I just use the browser app on my phone. Maybe that will work?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Mark Bittman - but I suppose I could be called a hard core processed foods lover.

I eat plenty of it anyway - along with plenty of fresh food too. It isn't a binary all or nothing scenario.

As for not eating anything our grandparents wouldn't recognise - that is just silly.
    My grandmother was born in 1918 and died in 1998. She was a very good cook but she cooked all 'western diet staples'

The idea that I should stay away from Asian stir fries or falafel on account of that seems ludicrous to me.

Fortunately I haven't needed to follow any such arbitrary rules to lose or maintain weight.

His cookbooks are pretty good (and do sometimes call for processed foods). He isn't binary "all or nothing" either, despite how some would wish to present him.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    JustaNoob wrote: »
    Reading all of this makes me a little thankful I live alone. I just throw all the ingredients in and divide by however many times I eat it. I weigh the nonpackaged stuff/stuff I won't use the entire container of.

I do the same. Never thought of what I'd have to do if I lived with someone else
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    kali31337 wrote: »
    JustaNoob wrote: »
    Reading all of this makes me a little thankful I live alone. I just throw all the ingredients in and divide by however many times I eat it. I weigh the nonpackaged stuff/stuff I won't use the entire container of.

I do the same. Never thought of what I'd have to do if I lived with someone else

Sometimes the quantities can be daunting, for sure! Or when I pour my heart into something and get grumbles at the table. *shakes fist* At least they mostly remember not to say anything out loud!

I find cooking for one to be very challenging, although meal prep helps and that's what I did when I was single - I could cook once or twice a week and be set.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @standy73 I been on my journey for just over 5.5 years now, I haven't had surgery but I am one pound away from losing 230lbs total...

I could have lost more yes but everyone has setbacks, so you can't beat yourself up when you gain or something doesn't go right, as long as you don't fall off the wagon completely and keep throwing yourself back on it you will succeed, you can't give up when times are hard

I got made fun of in high school for being in shape and being one of the few girls into track/sports/weight lifting. I got bullied and made fun of for it and after graduation, I developed a bad relationship with food and a bad relationship with the guy, I was dating at the time.

I gained 300lbs in just over 3 years, I didn't think anything of it till after I got married, tried to lose weight before failed, failed again when I tried again.

You can read all about that on my page or in the success forum here on MFP

But just know you aren't in this alone, it can be done you just have to think of it as a life change and its gonna be just that FOR LIFE, have fun with it, enjoy it, try new things and keep the scale handy :smiley: Do things you wouldn't normally do!

I did, I went to wrestling school and graduated 2 programs from it in a year! Never in my life would have I thought! But I did and made quite a few debuts, made some fans, and just having fun!

You can and will do this!

• standy73
    standy73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Guys av1xk836cq9b.jpeg
    i have att a photo of podcasts im listening too very inspirational talks about CICO (cal in cal out) & gen health advise ...Jillian & Dr Axa actually work together alot & Paul Saulter as well all very educational if not only pep U up on your travels. I listen in on the road as i am merchandiser.