Which impacted your diet more Watching Carbs or Watching Proteins or Calories

Options
124»

Replies

• gionrogado
    gionrogado Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    calories

but budget it in a way that still meets your macros. even the mfp standard macros (50% carbs/30% fat/20% protein) work.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Most effect on weight lifted loss: calories.

Most effect on diet: carbs because it's easier to stick with a good diet when it includes carbs. That's been my experience.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Most effect on weight lifted loss: calories.

Most effect on diet: carbs because it's easier to stick with a good diet when it includes carbs. That's been my experience.

I will tally over the weekend and post the results. Thank you
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    gionrogado wrote: »
    calories

but budget it in a way that still meets your macros. even the mfp standard macros (50% carbs/30% fat/20% protein) work.

Thanks for sharing tallying this weekend and I will post results of my little poll.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    freda78 wrote: »
    Calories.

Thanks for replying - tallying this weekend will post results of my little poll over the weekend
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Carbs! for me impacts me the most! (Go ahead and get your “disagree face” clicking lol).

For me cutting out simple carbs has the greatest impact -and since I’m plant-based I mean the sugar/baked goods/flour carbs, and not the fruit/veg/beans carbs which I keep. Cutting out the first group has a huge impact on my overall diet in too many ways to mention. I can go over calories without those carbs and still lose and feel sated and happy.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Carbs! for me impacts me the most! (Go ahead and get your “disagree face” clicking lol).

For me cutting out simple carbs has the greatest impact -and since I’m plant-based I mean the sugar/baked goods/flour carbs, and not the fruit/veg/beans carbs which I keep. Cutting out the first group has a huge impact on my overall diet in too many ways to mention. I can go over calories without those carbs and still lose and feel sated and happy.

thanks working on Tallying the replies will post on Sunday have a great weekend.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Calories 100%
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    Calories 100%

Thanks Scarlett for sharing - have a great weekend.
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Calories, definitely
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by the word 'diet'.

For weight loss, calories. If you eat more calories than you're burning, no matter what macros you reduce, you won't lose weight. You can reduce your calories by reducing your carb intake, but you could also do so by reducing your fat intake or by reducing everything in a balanced way. You still need to reduce your calories to lose weight.

However, from a health / what goes on my plate perspective, my diet revolves around watching my carb intake as I'm diabetic. I still eat them, but I plan ahead and I'll juggle meal and snack plans to ensure I don't exceed 130g of carbs a day.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Can you explain what you mean by this? How do you go over calories and still lose when cutting out simple carbs? Can you elaborate a little bit more?
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by the word 'diet'.

For weight loss, calories. If you eat more calories than you're burning, no matter what macros you reduce, you won't lose weight. You can reduce your calories by reducing your carb intake, but you could also do so by reducing your fat intake or by reducing everything in a balanced way. You still need to reduce your calories to lose weight.

However, from a health / what goes on my plate perspective, my diet revolves around watching my carb intake as I'm diabetic. I still eat them, but I plan ahead and I'll juggle meal and snack plans to ensure I don't exceed 130g of carbs a day.

For my tallying purposes I think you are voting for carbs as your influencer . In terms of how you eat having the greatest impact. thanks for participating.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    tyediri wrote: »
    Calories, definitely
    tyediri wrote: »
    Calories, definitely

Thanks for your reply have a nice weekend.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Okay I have tallied all the responses
    27 - Said calories had the greatest impact on their diet
    1 - said protein
    8 - said Carbs
    So from this very small sample of people they feel watching their calories has had the greatest impact on their diet. Thanks to all who shared and participated. You don't have to agree or disagree it's just what the numbers said in THIS poll. Have a great week.