Lost 200 pounds in a year! 360lbs to 160lbs (PICS)

Replies

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Congratulations -you have done so well in just a year. Thanks for posting
  • jelangridge1
    jelangridge1 Posts: 1 Member
    You look awesome & I hope you feel equally good!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    This gives me so much hope and inspiration.
    I so identify with it being an addiction. People who are not under that terrible pull just have no idea what it is. I am just amazed at the transformation! I can hardly imagine the will you strengthened and the pain you worked through. And the patience it took. You will help so many!!! You already have!!! <3
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Beyond impressed. Very happy for you.
  • urban287
    urban287 Posts: 50 Member
    absolutly great job
  • jrbhorse
    jrbhorse Posts: 16 Member
    Incredibly proud of your commitment and strength! You look FABULOUS!
  • lpotp66
    lpotp66 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2021
    Thank you for posting your amazing accomplishment. Very inspiring and will refer to this, when I need a boost. Currently on a weight loss journey with a goal of losing 170 lbs. So far, I have lost 46 lbs and I am now walking 3 miles a day along with some resistance training. Just bought an elliptical and will start factoring in some evening workouts with it. Again, thank you for sharing your story. A total inspiration!!!!

• epsherwood2
    epsherwood2 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! Awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • TexasRose1820
    TexasRose1820 Posts: 8 Member
    I don't like talking about my weight challenges either. Not even with my husband. You are very brave sharing your weight loss journey, and thank you so much for your inspiring story. Congratulations and keep it going!
  • wilfsbane
    wilfsbane Posts: 3 Member
    Well done mate, inspirational and you took the sensible approach, keep up the good work
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,094 Member
    edited March 2021
    Cdooogz wrote: »
    kermitch wrote: »
    it must be like kicking a very strong addiction.

That’s exactly what it feels like! I quit smoking about a year before my journey and the way I felt during my first week was almost identical to how I felt during my first three weeks of nicotine withdrawals. I was sad and miserable for 5-7 days and it felt like it was always going to be that way. Then a few days later I felt so much better!

If Andy Dufresne can escape Shawshank through time and pressure, then surely you can kick a habit the same way?

LOVE the Andy Dufresne reference. Your success is amazing, and I wish you more of it. Very inspiring, and there are those of us out there that need to see that this works, and CAN be done from the larger sizes. Simply doing the right thing, and staying with it, and adding more as you go....answer is so simple, but so hard to implement, and yet you did it. Congrats on the weight loss! 💓🤗💖
    Cdooogz wrote: »
    I don't like talking about my weight challenges either. Not even with my husband.

I think part of it is being scared of failure - another part of it, for me, is just my own personal frustration. Since my weight loss became more “visible” to people, people started being nicer to me. My friends and family are a lot more open and engaged with what I have to say, and strangers have more patience with me. I feel infuriated that I had to change myself so drastically just to be treated with basic decency and respect. It’s hard to come back from knowing just how shallow a lot of people can be, and most people have no idea what it’s like.

I get this. I can see the difference on how as a plus sized person I'm treated very differently than an average sized person. It is a bitter disappointment that people cannot treat EVERYONE with respect and the same level of kindness as others. (((Hugs)))
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 555 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing. You will help a lot of others! I like the way you kept it simple and something you can continue to do. Love the dedication. Congrats!
  • cc2DesignGirl
    cc2DesignGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Bravo!! I'm the same, in that I'm not fond of discussing my weight loss, it makes me uncomfortable as well. As a matter of fact, THIS is my 1st comment here, though I've been using MFP every day consistently during this PLAGUE. I'm down 45lbs on a return to 'my majority of my life weight' also. Still have just a wee bit more to go & then toning, etc. But I am so pleased with what this tool has help me to accomplish & taught me for life -regarding appropriate portions! So happy for YOU!
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    You did a phenomenal job, make sure that excess weight does not come back. I have been eating 1000-1300 calories per day with 2 meals, one at noon and one at midnight...with no success. I talked with my doctors and now have 2 meals a day plus snacks, one when I get up and then one meal at 7-8pm. I go to bed at midnight. I have lost 7 pounds since starting my new diet with wellbutrin and having about 1300-1500 calories per day. Go figure.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 328 Member
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story with all of us. As others have said, please do stick around to encourage and guide those of us still working on losing a lot of weight.
  • Radelnder
    Radelnder Posts: 1 Member
    well done,champ.you Looks great.regards from germany :o:)
  • DussyHoppers
    DussyHoppers Posts: 4 Member
    Wow! You look fantastic! You look at least 10 to 15 years younger now. Congratulations. You should be very proud of yourself indeed.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Absolutely incredible. In one year you fixed yourself completely. Astonishing really. I hope your head has caught up with your new body and if not, that it does soon. :)
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Amazing! Hats off to your achievement. You are the monarch of MFP like this butterfly 👏tenor.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!