Shower

Options
After a workout of calisthenics, what is best as a shower? Hot, cold? Right after workout or let your body cool off? I read all these myths about how your muscles react to the temperature, etc. and would like to know what is recommended. Confused :)

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Haha I think that is a bunch of BS honestly xD It really doesnt matter :] enjoy your shower! *winces at the thought of a cold shower*
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the temp. but if I shower immediately after a sweaty workout, I will still be sweating when I get out of the shower, so I always wait about 20 minutes to cool off.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I asked a similar question a few days ago wanting to confirm my suspicions. Taking a hot/warm shower with a cold burst at the end has several benefits including reducing the potential for sore muscles after exercise.

Also, as a lady, I like that it makes my hair shinnier and improves my overall complection. Fourthly, it's a great shot of "whew!" to get you going after a workout.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    If you are training crazy hard (something most of us on the site are not doing) then you could roll with an ice bath. It is suppose to move the lactic acid through your body faster or something. But that is for the sort of training UFC fighters do before a fight. For normal everyday working out i am pretty sure you could shower in anything you please.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    I always have to wait about 20 to 30 minutes after. If I take a shower right away, I continue to sweat for about an hour after and then I need another shower.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I always end my showers with cold water....It forces the blood flow that is drawn to your skin from the warm water back to your organs....Plus, it's very refreshing.... :flowerforyou: