What's the longest you've gone with logging your meals in MFP

Options
What's the longest period you've gone with out logging your meals in MFP and what was the impact on your weight/fitness/diet/health - what brought you back?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    longest i logged was about 2 years. lost 130ish pounds.

i didnt log when i was in maintenance for.... 3 years? almost.

gained back some that I'm blaming on the pandemic but honestly it started creeping up a bit before then LOL
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have been logging since January 1, 2016 - minus a few vacations when I decided not to log for the week.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    1323 days. I use it mainly to ensure I get protein in for lifting. The temptation otherwise is to eat every single carb in existence, and v little protein 🤷‍♂️ I just love bread, fruit, jacket potatoes, rice, pastries....
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1323 days. I use it mainly to ensure I get protein in for lifting. The temptation otherwise is to eat every single carb in existence, and v little protein 🤷‍♂️ I just love bread, fruit, jacket potatoes, rice, pastries....

We're almost twinsies. I'm just behind you at day# 1267. :D
  • FitAgainBy55
    FitAgainBy55 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't use MFP -- I use a different site but came here just because the forums are more active.

I logged everyday from June 11, 2011 to Nov 20 2015 (1616 days). First 9 months was weight loss and then 3 years of maintenance where my weight always stayed +/- 5 lbs of my goal weight.

I then decided I didn't need to log to maintain my weight. I maintained for about 2 years without logging and then stuff happened :smile:
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Only a meager 427 days (and counting) over here. I started with MFP back in JAN2020 and have tracked daily. I've gone from weight loss to recomp at this point (which may take until JAN2022 or longer lol)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Your title and your question differ in the wording. Do you want to know how long people have logged or how long they've gone without logging?

I've been logging here since about 2012, except when traveling. We camp a lot and I don't have access to internet when we do. I've been maintaining most of that time. I used to log on a different site (Fitday) but this one is easier for me to use. I stopped logging on that site when I had reached my goal weight. Within a year my weight was back up 30 lbs. I got tired of the weight loss yo-yo and decided it's better for me to continue logging if I hope to maintain my weight loss.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I logged in every day for 3 1/2 yrs lost 135 lbs and kept it off for 6 yrs, during covid I gained 10lbs so I am back here again to lose my covid 10
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

gained back some that I'm blaming on the pandemic but honestly it started creeping up a bit before then LOL

Great insight - so I would say logging helped you get back on track?
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options

I hit the button before I said congrats on losing 130 pounds what an accomplishment. And even more so keeping it off and only gaining back a few without logging or keeping track.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    vanmep wrote: »
    I have been logging since January 1, 2016 - minus a few vacations when I decided not to log for the week.

Five years of logging kudos to you for keeping up with it. I started May 2018 and I try my best but when I am sick or have a migraine it just doesn't get done. Thanks for sharing.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    themommie wrote: »
    I logged in every day for 3 1/2 yrs lost 135 lbs and kept it off for 6 yrs, during covid I gained 10lbs so I am back here again to lose my covid 10

Congrats on your 135 pound lost, and bravo on only gain 10 during covid. You'll get if off in no time. Good luck and thanks for sharing. Here's a virtual hug from a 100 pounder it 's taken me from May 2018 till last month to get mine off and I am trying to maintain during covid and my gym closing .
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Your title and your question differ in the wording. Do you want to know how long people have logged or how long they've gone without logging?

I've been logging here since about 2012, except when traveling. We camp a lot and I don't have access to internet when we do. I've been maintaining most of that time. I used to log on a different site (Fitday) but this one is easier for me to use. I stopped logging on that site when I had reached my goal weight. Within a year my weight was back up 30 lbs. I got tired of the weight loss yo-yo and decided it's better for me to continue logging if I hope to maintain my weight loss.

I am not a typist and it was late thanks for catching it. The title should have read without - the out got lefted out. I was trying to see the impact of not logging in or diarying their food - what impact it had. Again sorry I need to edit better or go to bed before midnight.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Only a meager 427 days (and counting) over here. I started with MFP back in JAN2020 and have tracked daily. I've gone from weight loss to recomp at this point (which may take until JAN2022 or longer lol)

427 days is not meager it's over a year Kudos to you.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    I don't use MFP -- I use a different site but came here just because the forums are more active.

I logged everyday from June 11, 2011 to Nov 20 2015 (1616 days). First 9 months was weight loss and then 3 years of maintenance where my weight always stayed +/- 5 lbs of my goal weight.

I then decided I didn't need to log to maintain my weight. I maintained for about 2 years without logging and then stuff happened :smile:

So are you logging again? Thanks for sharing and are you back at goal. Or happy to be within 5 lbs
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options

We're almost twinsies. I'm just behind you at day# 1267. :D

I am so impressed 1,267 days. wow hopefully I can reach that milestone one day.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options

1323 days you are the Queen of logging in my book. That is fantastic. I love bread, rice, pastries and fruit too. What are Jacket potatoes sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing/
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I logged for 8 years now, not while on vacation for couple of weeks every year. A flu got me 3 years ago and I gained 25 lbs, really sick but as you can see I eat when I am sick. Had to work like the devil to get that weight off after a couple months of not logging like someone said life happened and I messed up. I had to realize food was not comforting me, it did not make me feel better like I had been told, it made me miserable.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    June to December 2014
    Lost 28lb in 14 wks, but then started to struggle to hit "weight loss" target. It was a stressful time in my life, after a month, I decided it was 1 stress I could remove for my life. So made a concious decision to stop for 6 weeks, until Christmas. Then recommit to weight loss, on the New Year (Jan 2015).

Fast forward to April 2016, 6 weeks off tracking, had become 17 months. I never weighed myself during this period. Aiming for maintenance, I was aware I had begun to gain again (new sizes becoming to tight). This was the kick start I needed.

I weighed myself and had gained 7lb during my break. So back to MFP. I was fed up with years of yo yo dieting, on track & losing. Struggling, stopping & gaining (various amounts) over 30 years.

This time round I read all that I could, scouring the forums for advise. Wanting to stop the "All or Nothing", "On or Off Track", "being Good or Naughty" that had dogged me for years.

Now Everything, Everyday gets logged. Finding MY numbers; calorie levels for meeting nutrition, healthy weight loss and maintainance of current weight. Tracking daily, using my MFP account, like a banking account, to monitor "spending calories". It takes minutes but has transformed my life (& health). Higher days for special occasions, days when I can cut and months when I've been glad to be "maintaining", happy in the knowledge that I am.

Since reboot:
    1,794 days tracked, every meal tracked and a total of 66lbs lost. But most importantly, no periods of weight gain or fast loss, just steady, healthy progress.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    About 6 years with breaks for holidays / foreign trips. Have lost 15kg and maintained that loss for about 3 years.