JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFT 3/8/2021
    1) Fast until noon :)
    2) Water challenge (8 glasses of water) :)
    3) Log all my food for the day :) (I was over but only by 120 cals or so)
    4) Stop snacking by 8pm :/ (Close...last snack was finished at 8:30)

JFT 3/9/2021
    1) Fast until noon
    2) Water challenge (8 glasses of water)
    3) Log all my food for the day
    4) Go for a walk
    5) No Diet Coke
    6) Stop snacking by 8pm
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Set up schedules. WW questions Tues; answer Thurs
    3. Classes: Check for OP intro and LSA 1-2. Guided: LSA 3. Indiv: Choice A, NRI 4 Practice, WM ch 5.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK. Writing script. SUB PLANS.
    5. Lunch: Jambalaya. Read 20 pages Dispossessed.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run after school?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. So tomorrow is my dentist appointment. Yay? *sigh*
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    JFT 3/9 T
    1) Move hourly
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 12c water
    3) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / wash left eye / floss / retainers / Voltaren / no alarm (W only day this week no a.m. appt.)

Decided to post JFT and keep very simple. Adjusting to right eye corrected (except now I can't read from that eye) and bad vision in left eye. Can't believe the difference and realized now how accustomed to cloudy vision I had become. Everything in my right eye is so much brighter! But only until Thurs then left eye surgery.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: actually 7:30
    - Protein shake for breakfast :smiley:
    - Review installation specifications for new equipment to be installed tomorrow. :smiley: -
    - Finish setting up moisture analyzer in Chem lab and train operators. :smiley: Well I did my part, but they were too busy to train yesterday.
    - Go pick up Tim's car :smiley:
    - Help mom fix her password on her credit card. She locked herself out. :smiley: Dear Lord that took forever and a day
    - Take V to swim :smiley:
    - Go to gym after swim :( She canceled on me
    - Bed by midnight :smiley:

Didn't make it to the gym last evening as my partner in crime had homework. Did well with my food yesterday until night time when hubby decided to make some cheese sticks... Oh well at least I acknowledged it.

Today is kind of a busy work day, but not much else going on.

JFT Tuesday

- Work by 8:00 :( 8:15
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley: -
    - Start Kevlar project I've been putting off :smiley: -
    - Installation of new Monowave 50
    - Log food, and be mindful
    - Figure out mail order prescriptions
    - Take V to swim
    - Clean floors, there is dog hair and muddy paw prints EVERYWHERE
    - Bed by midnight

Have a stellar day y'all!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,927 Member

πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€
    πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀 MARCH 🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›
    πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸πŸ₯πŸ€πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

March Daily Goals: Week: 2
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: βœ… 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 2/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Tue 9 March :
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice πŸŽ‰
    • Laundry - put away πŸŽ‰
    • Outdoor walkπŸŽ‰
    • Write for 30 minutesπŸŽ‰
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰Watch TV: πŸŽ‰
    • Reading: Slow trains to VeniceπŸŽ‰
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰
    • Daily goals updateπŸŽ‰

🌷Positive intentions for Wed 10 March :
    • Meditation
    • Weigh/post weight
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away
    • Weekly grocery shopping
    • Declutter fridge
    • Write for 30 minutes
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    March:
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§

Terri πŸ¦„
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    ]

For Tuesday, do something different. Focus on what's important.

-Work out for 90 minutes. Keep up what's become a cornerstone: 91 minutes
    -1900 calories. Committing to 21 days under 2000: One day down. 1544

For Wednesday:

-Work out for 90 minutes:
    -1900 calories:

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member

So Tuesday..

- Log food (I dont even have to be under calories, just LOG IT) βœ”οΈI was over in calories but logged it all apart from a couple of snacks last night which I forgot what they are now lol
    - Water (reducing to 4 for now to make it easier) ❌
    - Exercise βœ”οΈ

Not too bad yesterday, I atleast logged everything. I'm real tired today. I washed the girls uniform last night and fell asleep before I could get it in the dryer. So this morning was manic with getting their stuff dry and getting them to school on time which I managed by literally the last minute lol!
    The weather is dreary over here, grey and raining :/

Goals for Weds

- Log all food
    - 4 waters
    - Exercise
    -
    Have a nice day everyone. X
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFT 3/9/2021
    1) Fast until noon :)
    2) Water challenge (8 glasses of water) :/
    3) Log all my food for the day :) (Over on calories by a lot, but I made myself log it all)
    4) Go for a walk :/
    5) No Diet Coke :)
    6) Stop snacking by 8pm :)

JFT 3/10/2021
    1) Fast until noon
    2) Water challenge (8 glasses of water)
    3) Log all my food for the day
    4) Go for a walk
    5) No Diet Coke
    6) Stop snacking by 8pm

Hope everyone has a great day :smile: It's supposed to be in the 50s today here in Vermont! Common' melt that snow!!!!! LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Mar 9
    Scale 197.4
    1.5L of water - πŸ˜• 1L though
    Log all food - πŸ™‚

JFT - Wednesday Mar 10
    Scale 197.4
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@beachwalker99 - was that 90 minutes each way to get your vaccine?

@jeschepp - that’s great you’ll be able to visit your grandparents
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Good morning! It's a gray, rainy day here in Green Bay but I guess it'll melt snow so I'm okay with it! Supposed to stop raining this afternoon. I'm hoping my knees will allow me to walk my fur buddy later. If not, Tim will take her and I will find something in the house low impact.

I had a NSV last night that is so small but so huge to me at the same time that I'm feeling good today. I actually did not snack after dinner. That simply does not happen in my world. Tim even went and grabbed popsicles and popcorn, and I made a cup of hot apple cinnamon tea. Today, I weighed myself and I'm finally down. Of course, that's not all I did to make that happen, but it sure made me feel like I finally had a WIN. Going for day 2 now...

@Bex953172 That is hilarious! I'm so glad you are feeling better! I think having the kiddos back in school will help a lot also. I don't know how parents have handled the past year. I would have gone bonkers!

@mytime6630 It sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I think the nicer weather and putzing outside brings out the best in us, doesn't it? :smile:

Just For Wednesday, 3/10
    1. Drink 64 oz water - 2 Qt pitcher is full & on my counter in plain sight!
    2. Intentional activity (non-impact) either 30 minutes at one time or 15 minutes x2
    3. Log food
    4. Complete a No BS module and/or vision board video
    5. 24H Plan and Assess. :smile: Done
    6. Journal :smile: Done
    7. 15 minutes self-care
    8. 15 minutes of self-improvement/research
    9. Be kind and patient today. Count to 10 before growling at someone. Don't be such a B.
    10. Finish table topper, find documents for 2020 taxes.
    11. Close kitchen at 7 PM

My 5 Why's:
    1. Clothing: Waist of clothes too tight and uncomfortable. T-shirts vs tunics. Jeans vs leggings.
    2. Flexibility: Tie my shoes easier, self pedicures, getting up from floor
    3. Longevity: Cardiac health and strength, Lower Glucose, Prevent disease recurrence.
    4. Strength/Fitness: I want to walk a 5k in 2021. I want to be able to hike in nature.
    5. Photos: I want to be able to let people take photos of me without being embarrassed and self loathing.

Today, I am grateful for:
    1. Rain that is melting the snow! (I can see our neighbors grass!)
    2. My husband, who is also my best friend. :heart:
    3. Laughter

What is one small change I can make today to help with my weight loss? Β 
    (1) If I snack tonight, I will have yogurt vs ice cream. (2) I will measure out servings of side dish with our pork chops tonight. This will be tough, since it's probably going to be mac & cheese which I LOVE.

WOTY 2021: Consistency
    I am capable of achieving any goal that I really, really want.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member

JFT Tuesday

- Work by 8:00 :( 8:15
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley: -
    - Start Kevlar project I've been putting off :smiley: -
    - Installation of new Monowave 50 :smiley:
    - Log food, and be mindful :smiley:
    - Figure out mail order prescriptions :(
    - Take V to swim :smiley:
    - Clean floors, there is dog hair and muddy paw prints EVERYWHERE :(
    - Bed by midnight :smiley: Actually crashed at 9:30

Have a stellar day y'all!

Kind of low today, just going to get through the day.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 3/9 T
    1) Move hourly :neutral: 10/14 & 5.1k
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 12c water :/ -424 & 12c
    3) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / wash left eye / floss / retainers / Voltaren / no alarm (W only day this week no a.m. appt.) = 3/7

JFT 3/10 W
    1) Move hourly
    2) Log food / net cals zero / 12c water
    3) Webinars 12:00 & 1:00 (need all the free CPEs I can get with training budget slashed to zero)
    4) Call on prescription (what happened to auto-renew?) / activate cc points offer / other chore?
    5) Meditation / UNPLUG 9:00 / wash left eye / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren (knees feeling better with milder temps) / 6:30 alarm (be at surgery center 8:00 for left eye)

Yesterday I found my stash of old eyeglasses (intend to donate) and using one pair temporarily as cheaters for reading. Not used to needing glasses only for close up, but I'll adjust. Not reading much anyway, on computer, phone or otherwise, b/c my two eyes are battling each other for now. Recovery going well, pressure check yesterday was excellent.

It's a gray, rainy day here. The mild temps & rain are helping to melt the snow we still have. Spring is coming!

@jeschepp How exciting for you to be able to see your grandparents!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Caseys started touting on her sisters.. Telling me when they do naughty stuff and who's lying. And you know she's telling the truth aswell.
    It's comedy gold. I love it!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Wednesday:

-Work out for 90 minutes: 96 minutes
    -1900 calories: 1933 - Two days down

For Thursday

-Work out for 90 minutes:
    -1900 calories

[/quote]