✅Attend class virtually
    ❌Finish Chem 3308 HW, 2.22 (1&2) = Website crashed
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅Make Artichoke Stuffed Parmesan Chicken
    ✅Relax in the evening
    ✅Stay in green on calorie log!!!!! (I CAN do this!!)

✅Bonus = 20 min BBL DVD

Wishing you all blessed and sunny days today!! 🌻

JFT Saturday 2/20/2021

Enjoy coffee time
    Self-care
    Finish Chem 3308 HW, 2.22 (1&2)
    Begin Chem 3201 Exp Prelab
    Manage & Assist Saturday Chore Day
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Grill BBQ Burgers (Kiddos request :blush: )
    Relax in the evening
    Stay in green on calorie log!!!!! (I CAN do this!!)

Happy Beautiful Saturday!! The sun is shining and we have temps above negative, what a blessing!!

I hope everyone enjoys their wonderful Saturday and remember; we all have reasons to smile and blessings to be thankful for!!! Hugs to you all!🌷

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 2/19/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2. Stay within my calorie range :/
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water :/
    3. NO diet coke :)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :)
    5. Go for a walk :)

JFT 2/20/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm

Today I turn 47 and am just shooting for a day where I don't go crazy with calories...LOL! My hubby is making me a strawberry/blueberry cobbler (WW recipe) in leu of a birthday cake, so that'll help. <3

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY 2/19/21

Today I turn 47 and am just shooting for a day where I don't go crazy with calories...LOL! My hubby is making me a strawberry/blueberry cobbler (WW recipe) in leu of a birthday cake, so that'll help. <3

Hope everyone has a good day!

Happy Birthday!! The cake sounds perfect!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, Friday - weigh in day
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on water :/
    3. only 1 diet coke :/
    4. mindful eating :/
    5. 5 fruits & veggies :/
    6. remember the feeling of having my clothes fit, being able to walk and do physical garden work, and not get out of breath, having more confidence .. so many reasons to eat healthy :/:/:/

What can I say .. not the best day :/

JFT, Sat
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits & veggies
    6. remember why I am losing weight ... to have more energy, to be able to wear nicer clothes and feel good, to want to go places instead of hiding in my home... to improve my health
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @sarah74_vt Happy Birthday! I hope you have a lovely day - enjoy the cobbler. 🐝
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT- Saturday Feb 20
    Scale - 198.6
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

I didn’t post yesterday, I knew I wasn’t going to be logging and was pretty sure I wouldn’t get my water in so didn’t want to have to come back and say I failed.

I had a lovely day with my daughter as she did my hair. What a wonderful day. We technically were breaking rules but I am vaccinated and she doesn’t go anywhere but work so I wasn’t really concerned. She has been very careful as she is asthmatic and wouldn’t have a good run with Covid.

Catching Up - doing it on my phone so harder to call out to specific people.

Bex - you are doing well, it’s nice to see you posting regularly again.
    I have thought about Faebert too.

HEGoddard - my daughter slid into a curb at a grocery store parking lot this Winter and did over $3000 in damages to her car. Like your situation the roads weren’t too bad it was the parking lot that got her.

WellingTX - I am all of those people too, I need to work on becoming the 2%.
    Long distance phone calls, I remember those calls they were very pricy. At one point my Dad would call me every Saturday night after 8pm his time because they had a “talk as long as you want for $2” deal on. When we were offered our first unlimited package, I started doing all of the calling.

Sarah - Happy Birthday!

Evening snacks are one of my biggest downfalls. I think mine is boredom. I do better in the summer when I can’t get out in the evenings for walks.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member

I had a lovely day with my daughter as she did my hair. What a wonderful day. We technically were breaking rules but I am vaccinated and she doesn’t go anywhere but work so I wasn’t really concerned. She has been very careful as she is asthmatic and wouldn’t have a good run with Covid.

Bex - you are doing well, it’s nice to see you posting regularly again.
    I have thought about Faebert too.

Oooooh you lucky bugger haha so many people about with crazy hair cause the hairdressers are shut for covid!
    But I bet you feel so much better for it and what a lovely thing for your daughter to do.
    My sister in law is a hairdresser. I'm getting my hair dyed soon, she dies the cut for free for me but the dye I have to pay for obviously. So I'm lucky too that I can have my hair done through covid (in secret lol) although I haven't done it because I don't have the money for the dye yet and even if I did I wouldn't do it because Ash cant get his done and it would be so unfair! I couldn't do it to him lol

It feels good to be posting regularly again. Finally found a tablet that works for me. A few side affects at first, nausea and feeling a bit 'buzzed' but I'm actually DOING things. Last night I couldn't really get to sleep and went to sleep at 4am, but I managed to get up at 9.30 and start my day! Been busy all day, got everything we planned done ( our daily plans never go right lol) I even got a shower, I didn't even overthink it!

So I'm feeling good, I reckon you can all notice, I feel like my posts sound a lot happier :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Tea! Work on script for Teacher Thoughts. Update Hogwarts.
    2. Read and notes for ch 6-10 P&P. Plan for Wes Moore unit.
    3. Put laundry away. Set 1 of lifts. Hand-wash non-dishwasher dishes. Update blog!
    4. Lunch: Pancakes. Fanfic? MAIL POSTCARDS.
    5. Stretch. Philosophy of ed. PATF Zoom. S&F ep 4.
    6. Afternoon: Walk at park. Pack lunch. Recycling???
    7. Evening: Continue P&P. Update lesson plans, assignments. Dinner: Bibimbap. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Update directions for Monday.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Pester S about sending emails for characters.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Everything is hard.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Hi all!
    Back for hopefully what will be a while. I've been off/on this board for years. Started a few years ago and did very well for about a year and my weight has slowly crept back up since. COVID really did me in and I've been incredibly sedentary for the last year. Big picture I had some really great life changes over the last year. I switched jobs, and my current job is WAY less stressful with WAY more pay. I was able to move closer to the metro and near family/friends. I've paid off most of my credit card debt and loans are next! (also a new car at some point...) I just need COVID to go away so I can actually get out and do things and see people lol. I know I am in the minority to have positive life changes this last year, and I do not take it for granted. The last piece I want to get in gear is my health. I'm not at my highest weight but possibly my least fit. I need to get up and MOVE more. Anyway, it's SO nice to see many familiar faces on here and I'm excited to get back into the habits I KNOW work for me and reconnect with my JFT family.

SW: 200
    CW: 190
    GW: 150

JFT Sunday (just ignoring that it's midnight, I'm pretending it's still Saturday):
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sat 20 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 👿
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

• ZizzyBumble
    Sun 21 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 😡pizza for dinner yesterday and not enough water - the scale leapt up overnight
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day with a two hour exception. Those two hours are impactful

For Saturday, keep on track.

- I'm grateful that while I can go off the rails, I've proven to myself that I have self discipline and can keep motivated to make changes. If I can do it once, twice or 75% of the time I can make the lifestyle shift.
    - 1900 calories: 2995. Drew the line at 3000. Snacks...
    - Work out for 90 minutes: 95 minutes including a 56 minute, 2.47 mile treadmill walk. Can't wait to get back outside
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development: First 1/3 of Amy Porterfield's On Line Marketing Made easy, Launch with a Tiny Audience. Good stuff
    - Invest 15 minutes on personal development: TEDx How Your Unconscious Mind Rules your Behaviour - Leonard Mlodino. Mind-numbing. Few impactful points but not enjoyable
    - Invest 30 minutes on household duties; More then done
    - Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Used a leaky window to eat on the couch and then snack.
    Pure excuse

- Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Revisit my commitments in the afternoon: Nope. Interesting to wonder if it would have made a difference.

For Sunday, make it a good day. I weight every day but only retain Monday's entry. Design is to keep me on track on Sundays.

-1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes:
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Revisit my commitments in the afternoon:

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: »

JFT Saturday 2/20/2021

✅Enjoy coffee time
    ✅Self-care
    ❌❌Finish Chem 3308 HW, 2.22 (1&2)
    ❌Begin Chem 3201 Exp Prelab
    ✅Manage & Assist Saturday Chore Day
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅BBL DVD 20 min session
    ✅Grill BBQ Burgers (Kiddos request :blush: )
    ✅Relax in the evening
    ❌Stay in green on calorie log!!!!! (I CAN do this!!)

Happy Beautiful Saturday!! The sun is shining and we have temps above negative, what a blessing!!

I hope everyone enjoys their wonderful Saturday and remember; we all have reasons to smile and blessings to be thankful for!!! Hugs to you all!🌷

Kinda stressed yesterday! I just felt meh about homework and I let anxiety about my procrastination take over.

My response: the kiddos and I did 80s music jams outside while I grilled burgers, then I ate too much for dinner!! :flushed:
    At least we had fun, Lol!!!

JFT Sunday 2/21/2021

Early start:

✅Enjoy coffee time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅✅Finish Chem 3308 HW, 2.22 (1&2)

Finish Chem 3201 Exp Prelab
    Church
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Make Chicken Fried Chicken (I actually bake this)
    Relax in the evening
    Stay in green on calorie log!!!!! (I CAN do this!!)

Happy Sunday - Funday!!!!

Let's rock this day!! :sunglasses:
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 2/20/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :) (OUCH on calories, but I logged it all...lol)
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water :/ (I have to pay more attention to this again...I notice I have more energy when I drink enough water)
    3. NO diet coke :)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :)

JFT 2/21/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    3. Drink 40 oz or more of water
    4. NO diet coke
    5. Don't snack after 8pm

Happy Sunday everyone!! Hope you all have a great day!
  • mytime6630
    JFT, Sat
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on water :/
    3. only 1 diet coke :/
    4. mindful eating :/
    5. 5 fruits & veggies :/
    6. remember why I am losing weight ... to have more energy, to be able to wear nicer clothes and feel good, to want to go places instead of hiding in my home... to improve my health :/

A day of mindless eating. I think for me it is more winter depression. My husband tells me I am this way every year since he has known me ... 47 years! I just need sunshine I guess. But as a result, I do compulsive, mindless snacking, which can lead to so many calories. Last nite, I roughly counted 900 in extra calories. So ... I am throwing away the granola bars.

JFT, Sun

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits & veggies
    6. remember why I am losing weight ... to have more energy, to be able to wear nicer clothes and feel good, to want to go places instead of hiding in my home... to improve my health
    7. go for a walk .. suppose to be 45 today!
  • Snowflake1968
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So didn't post goals today.
    But me and Ash planned our day out last night and for once we actually stuck to it. Left on time and everything!

It was a pretty busy day so I reckon tomorrow will be a rest day.
    Ash bought Saskia the first Harry Potter book for her, and although she's a damn good reader she's struggling a bit with it so tomorrow I'm going to read for her, and I've told her she doesn't have to do any chores tomorrow because she's been so well behaved today and just wanted to chill out whilst her sisters were being annoying.

I realised recently that I've been treating them all the same and they girls weren't really respecting each other. But I've been emphasising a lot recently that Saskia is the eldest and they should listen to things she says sometimes. She's such a lovely older sister, Marley got a makeup set and naturally looked like a clown. But Saskia wiped it off for her and put it on properly so I said "see, isn't it lovely to have an older sister to do these nice things for you"
    And she gets more allowance than the others because she's older.
    It seems to be working and they're looking up to her a bit more rather than being mean to her and bugging her.
    I've never had a sister and I'm the youngest child so I'm guessing in my brother eyes I was the "annoying little sister" and I can see that's what marley and casey are to her. But she loves them and cares for them so well, she really looks after them, whi h is why I want them to respect her as an older sister.

I've always struggled with a bond with Saskia, but recently we've gotten so close and I love it :) I'm glad I managed to turn it around with her before it was too late.

Oh Bex, you made me tear up. What a breakthrough for you with the girls. You’ll keep seeing positive changes if you keep up the positive reinforcement. I think since, I did notice, you are starting to feel better you’ll be able to be more positive. It’s just what you, Ash and the girls deserve.
  • Snowflake1968
    @jeschepp - welcome back, congratulations on all your positives for the year.

@MLHC1 - it sounds like you turned your day around by just enjoying life. It sounded like you needed it.

@mytime6630 - I do the same thing with the mindless eating in the evening. I was thinking the other day about the challenges we used to do. Each month we would choose a challenge and we would all try to meet the challenge each day. Some joined in with some, some didn’t, I think we should start that in March with the challenge being meeting our daily water goal each day. That seems to be something we are all struggling with at times.
    I think those challenges really helped me in 2018-2019. I even followed some of them on top of each other as the months progressed.

I met my goals yesterday for the first time in weeks!
    JFT - Sunday February 21
    1L water
    Log all Food
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    @jeschepp - welcome back, congratulations on all your positives for the year.

@MLHC1 - it sounds like you turned your day around by just enjoying life. It sounded like you needed it.

@mytime6630 - I do the same thing with the mindless eating in the evening. I was thinking the other day about the challenges we used to do. Each month we would choose a challenge and we would all try to meet the challenge each day. Some joined in with some, some didn’t, I think we should start that in March with the challenge being meeting our daily water goal each day. That seems to be something we are all struggling with at times.
    I think those challenges really helped me in 2018-2019. I even followed some of them on top of each other as the months progressed.

I met my goals yesterday for the first time in weeks!
    JFT - Sunday February 21
    1L water
    Log all Food

I agree, I wouldn't mind a group challenge, not everyone has to participate but I feel more inclined to achieve the task if everyone else is haha
    I remember you doing loads of challenges at once lmao
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Didn't hop on yesterday because by the time the hellish work day was over I just wanted to relax. I also went to bed incredibly early. Lol.

Today was much better and I'm now home in my comfy clothes and with a glass of wine next to me. Yes, I know it's only 2:30 in the afternoon but I don't care! Lol

I wasn't going to get up on time this morning but I saw that I had a message from my BFF that I haven't talked to in like 3 weeks. So I decided to get up and message her back instead of claiming that extra 15 minutes of sleep. I think it really helped my mood today.

I only have a few things that I want to get done today. I'm going to spend most of it working on my story I think. I have a hell of a lot of editing to do. I've been working on it on my break at work and I'm kind of on a roll right now. Lol

02/21/21
    - up at 445 ✅
    - shower✅
    - work 6-1✅
    - edit 1 page✅
    - send email
    - run the dishwasher
    - figure out dinner
    - clean the litter box!!!