Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Body weight exercises?

_BunnyMomma__BunnyMomma_ Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
So this may be a totally dumb question but I have never been good with body weight exercises, I have always relied on the gym.

Unfortunately, with quarantining and living with someone who is high risk, I haven't had access to a gym for over a year. So what's your favorite body weight exercises? I would love some beginner ones but all are welcomed to contribute.

Replies

• concordanciaconcordancia Member Posts: 5,317 Member Member Posts: 5,317 Member
    I mostly do yoga for my bodyweight exercises.

Other than that, I am just into squats and push ups. Never really got into anything else.
  • vanmepvanmep Member Posts: 377 Member Member Posts: 377 Member
    I like Fitness Blender videos on YouTube. You can filter for length, intensity, available equipment etc
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 20,361 Member Member, Premium Posts: 20,361 Member
    There are some bodyweight programs included in recommendations in this thread (despite the title that suggests it's all about lifting):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • thisvickyrunsthisvickyruns Member Posts: 144 Member Member Posts: 144 Member
    I'm using an app called 'plank workout' following the beginner 30 day programme.
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Member Posts: 24,083 Member Member Posts: 24,083 Member
    Yoga, specifically Sun and Moon Salutation series, plus this - many of the upper body exercises double as prep for more advanced yoga postures:

• JimDewJimDew Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    YouTube is awesome for varied exercise programs. And get a look at these folks doing the exercises. Trim and ripped! This stuff works!
  • trinafitzgerald2844trinafitzgerald2844 Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    I just discovered Caroline Girvan's workouts. They are free on YouTube. I did her beginner epic lower body workout and it was awesome.
  • riffraff2112riffraff2112 Member Posts: 1,753 Member Member Posts: 1,753 Member
    Might be worth checking out the nike fitness app. You input details, goals, equipment you have and it personalizing a home workout for you including yoga, body weight exercises, stretches and other exercises based on what you have access to.