Quick Rescue meals

Options
What are your regular go to rescue meals for unplanned meal? I usually have sandwich meat, cheese slices, nuts and fruit choice available, for no cook meal. Needing more quick easy meals

Replies

• foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    an easy pizza with nutrition facts: https://dinnerthendessert.com/wprm_print/10998
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner is a quick one - eggs, toast, maybe bacon or sausage or some fruit.

Hummus, veggies, yogurt w/granola.

Hardboiled eggs on toast.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    lettuce egg salad wrap https://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/light-egg-salad-lettuce-wraps/ or your favorite egg salad on 1 slice bread as an open face sandwich
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'll usually make a tomato based soup. I always have canned diced tomatoes on hand, so throw in some leftover rice and frozen spinach, or saute an onion and celery and I'm good. I change up the flavor profile with spices (cumin and chili powder, garlic & ginger with soy sauce, or curry powder maybe)
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein oatmeal - all with some variety of fruit/seeds/pbfit/whatever.
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Eggs, sandwiches, oh and cereal! 😆
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Something fast without cooking?

Veggies and hummus. Possibly sone rice thins with jam or chocolate spread. - Sometimes fruit with peanut butter.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Omelet with a bunch of vegetables, some feta, and cottage cheese on the side.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Top ramen with a bunch vegetables, eggs and leftover chicken.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Pasta is always Plan C, if i can't make whatever the original plan was and we can't get takeout. I try to keep some frozen meatballs on hand, i always have some kind of noodles, and if we don't have jarred sauce, i can usually hack something together. If all else fails, aglio e olio it is.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, breakfast food, or rice and beans
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Really desperate? Stick a celery stick in the PB jar. Dip in flax seeds for extra fiber.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I always stock a variety of individually portioned, vacuum sealed frozen fish. Quick thawed in lukewarm water, the fish is ready to pan fry in less than 20 minutes. I like to prep ingredients to make for fast meal assembly. In my fridge, there are usually peeled or grated carrots, peeled onion and garlic along with lettuce or spinach. For a lighting fast no-cook meal, I can whip up a delicious veggie or sliced turkey wrap in under five minutes.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    A huge salad, throw whatever i can in there, including nuts, some sort of meat (even sliced sandwich meat works out good enough), artificial crab, slices of hard boiled egg.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Polar canned salmon and rice.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,829 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Scrambled eggs. Ready in three minutes in the microwave. Add some shredded cheese and salsa. Eat by itself or in a wrap. I always have 500 ml containers of homemade soup in the freezer which can be thawed in no time and probably faster than putting a snack plate together. I'm not big on "no cook meals". To me, that's just a snack, or road trip food :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Instant ramen pimped up with some leafy greens and an egg poached in the broth.

If you eat instant ramen keep in mind that wheat noodles need to be fried to make them instant. Not the case for rice noodles or bean vermicelli noodles which saves about 30% of calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Instant ramen pimped up with some leafy greens and an egg poached in the broth.

If you eat instant ramen keep in mind that wheat noodles need to be fried to make them instant. Not the case for rice noodles or bean vermicelli noodles which saves about 30% of calories.

In ramen noodle recipes I use capellini / angel hair pasta, which cooks up in about 3 min.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my first choice for a "I don't feel like fussing with dinner and there are no leftovers" meal, followed by pasta.