How to you reward yourself?

Options
I am currently 274 (started at 275 though) and trying to think of some goals/rewards for myself as I work towards my 200 pound goal.

For dropping my first 10 (well it's a little over 10 since I weigh in kilos, not pounds, but anyway) I want to reward myself with the Zumba workout DVD package. I figure that will send mescreaming to my second 10 pound goal, which my reward will be a massage/spa package.

My final reward when I reach 200 (after that I am working towards a healthy BMI, but 200 is my first BIG goal) I am going to the PC Hoofdstraat in Amsterdam (I live there), which is the really high class fashion shopping street an buying myself a gorgeous dress from one of the shops that I currently cannot even think of trying something on in.

I don't necessarily have to have something expensive. I don't really collect anything except Russian Matrioshka dolls (nesting dolls). I'm just kind of befuddled as to what to reward myself with but I think the whole rewards system is not only motivating but extremely important.

So... how do you reward yourself?

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am currently 274 (started at 275 though) and trying to think of some goals/rewards for myself as I work towards my 200 pound goal.

For dropping my first 10 (well it's a little over 10 since I weigh in kilos, not pounds, but anyway) I want to reward myself with the Zumba workout DVD package. I figure that will send mescreaming to my second 10 pound goal, which my reward will be a massage/spa package.

My final reward when I reach 200 (after that I am working towards a healthy BMI, but 200 is my first BIG goal) I am going to the PC Hoofdstraat in Amsterdam (I live there), which is the really high class fashion shopping street an buying myself a gorgeous dress from one of the shops that I currently cannot even think of trying something on in.

I don't necessarily have to have something expensive. I don't really collect anything except Russian Matrioshka dolls (nesting dolls). I'm just kind of befuddled as to what to reward myself with but I think the whole rewards system is not only motivating but extremely important.

So... how do you reward yourself?
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    MY REWARDS RANGE FROM A NEW DVD/CD TO A NEW OUTFIT OR PAIR OF SHOES. FOR MY FINAL GOAL I WILL GET A MASSAGE
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your rewards sound great! I haven't been able to reward myself...I haven't shed any pounds yet. I need to lose 20 pounds, so I have 2 big rewards.

10 pounds - new outfit...and I mean OUTFIT - shoes, socks, lingerie, pants, shirt, purse, jewelry - THE WORKS...maybe I'll even see if I look good in a hat! :tongue:

Goal Weight - SPA TRIP!!! I am going on vacation with my DH and in-laws in June and there is an awesome spa there.

That's it for me!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Your rewards sound great! I haven't been able to reward myself...I haven't shed any pounds yet. I need to lose 20 pounds, so I have 2 big rewards.

10 pounds - new outfit...and I mean OUTFIT - shoes, socks, lingerie, pants, shirt, purse, jewelry - THE WORKS...maybe I'll even see if I look good in a hat! :tongue:

Goal Weight - SPA TRIP!!! I am going on vacation with my DH and in-laws in June and there is an awesome spa there.

That's it for me!

If you are down to just 20 more pounds I say reward every 5 pounds! That gets you motivated AND 2 extra goodies!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    When I lost 20+ pounds, I had my hair cut and highlighted.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I usually will buy a new pair of pants when the old ones are so baggy that they look silly. :laugh:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    a couple i have considered--hrm, generic mp3 player, pedicure, new nail polish, exercise dvd
  • GameOver
    Options

That's it for me!

If you are down to just 20 more pounds I say reward every 5 pounds! That gets you motivated AND 2 extra goodies!

Great idea....more rewards! :wink: My problem is that my scale fluctuates so much that my weight could change 5 pounds day to day.
  • GameOver
    Options
    When I lost 20+ pounds, I had my hair cut and highlighted.

I like this one!
  • harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

That's it for me!

Great idea....more rewards! :wink: My problem is that my scale fluctuates so much that my weight could change 5 pounds day to day.

You should reward yourself with a new scale :wink:
  • GameOver
    Options

That's it for me!

You should reward yourself with a new scale :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: Okay, okay. Wasn't a good excuse was it... :wink:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am broke, so the rewards are minimal........I am just gonna be happy to get into the gorgeous clothes I have plumped out of............

:flowerforyou: Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Everytime I lose 5lbs I get a pedicure for my poor feet that trample the treadmill daily.. Yes1.gif

When I lose the first 10% of my weight (which is 20lbs) then I will treat myself to a spa day..
    party2.gif
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I usually will buy a new pair of pants when the old ones are so baggy that they look silly. :laugh:

yup, I treat myself to new clothes when the old ones start getting really baggy...

and pedicures every 2 weeks
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I am another one who buys new clothes when the olds ones get baggy. I've lost 10 inches off the waist and gone from a 3XL shirt to and XL so I have had to buy a bit of new clothes lol. But my ultimate goal reward when I reach my goal weight. I am going to have a new suit tailor made to fit perfectly, then I am taking the wife out for a night on the town.

:drinker:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I buy clothes when I have to because they get too big, but the real reward is just feeling soo healthy!:bigsmile:
    I recently found out that I had high blood pressure and that was the motivation I needed to do this! I don't want to have to take meds!:grumble: So, the more I do, the reward for me is health and no meds! Might sound stupid but true. This time it really is a life style change for me.
    I am about 20 pounds down and feeling fantastic!!:drinker:
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    When I hit my big goal, I'm buying a new computer (finances allowing).

Halfway, I'm going to buy myself a new bikini. :smile:
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I'm another one who will have to get new clothes when my current ones get baggy.....so I'll have to start saving! When I go down 10 pounds, I'm rewarding myself to a SKIRT!!!!!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I already got liquid eyeliner for making the cross from overweight to normal BMI, and for getting into the 150s (hopefully by next week Thursday!) I think I'll get a hula hoop to try out this new hooping DVD I got!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I have to say the best reward is all the looks that I get from everyone, and I'm not even in that great of shape. the new smaller size cloths are nice also
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!