Do you do this?

Options
sgha
sgha Posts: 225
I have the tendency, when I get up in the morning, to fill out my food diary for breakfast and lunch. and put in my exercise diary what I PLAN on doing that day. As the day goes on, somethimes, though, I change what I eat, and maybe I will do less/more in my exercise and have to change my diaries, delete what is on my home page and re-enter what I actually I ate/did. No biggie, I just seem to do this a lot.

Replies

• homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do this... not the exercise part, I just add that later because I don't eat my exercise calories, but I log all my food for the day in the morning. I don't want any nasty surprises at dinner time. I will trade things out occasionally too. I definitely think it helps though.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I used to plan a day in advance.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I typically journal after exercise or eating. Sometimes with food, I'll log before. I try to check in often, so I don't forget to log something. :flowerforyou:
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I fill it out the night before so I can budget wisely and know if I need to do a longer cardio time. Things change sometimes. I don't add my exercise until after I do it, though.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do this 2, I find it helps me stay on track because then I know exactly what I have left for dinner :happy:
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am having success because of the mobile app... every little bite I take throughout the day gets recorded.
  • Page2777
    Options
    in terms of food i always seem to plan ahead i decide what i will eat for the day so i can work out the calories etc
    as for exercise i never do i always type it in once i have done it
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have the tendency, when I get up in the morning, to fill out my food diary for breakfast and lunch. and put in my exercise diary what I PLAN on doing that day. As the day goes on, somethimes, though, I change what I eat, and maybe I will do less/more in my exercise and have to change my diaries, delete what is on my home page and re-enter what I actually I ate/did. No biggie, I just seem to do this a lot.
    Since I exercise first thing in the morning, I log my exercise when I get back, and then I plan my meals for the day. I consider it a "variable", since you have the ability to add, delete, or change quantities as the day progresses. It's not until you click "complete this entry" that I feel it becomes official...but even then, I sometimes have something afterward. The key is to stay true to yourself.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i eat similar each day so im in a good ryhthm.. i could never come on here again and be fine, but i love the organization. i rotate some things and change up my dinner sometimes, i always log beforehand :) like a day or two before, i use the 'copy to date' button alot!
  • hanbanx25
    hanbanx25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I tend to actually add my food as I go. I'm learning what to avoid, but I tend to leave about 50-60% of my allowance for dinner. It feels good when I do not need that much most days!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I pre-log from 4AM till 4PM, then the 4-7PM window can be filled later with whatever I have left, usually close to 1000 calories...
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do this for the food sometimes plan the whole days meals. Have to change it sometimes.
    Never do it with the exercise though. it doesn't matter how you do it as long as it gets recorded right.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I fill out the food part usually the night before and update it during the day if I deviate from what I planned to eat. Exercise, however, I'll only add after I've completed it with the calories burnt as recorded by my HRM.

This is what works for me :drinker:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i do it too..
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I do mine the night before...sometimes days before.