Weight loss strategies that many overlook

2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    If i have a crappy nights sleep it is almost guaranteed that i'll be ravenous the next day, that coupled with less energy to exercise does not a good combination make.

It's so easy to say "just get more sleep", easier said than done.. I don't have small kids and i work from home, so i can get up what ever time i like, but i cant sleep past 4:30-5am and I'm usually asleep by 8pm. I have tried so many times to stay up later, but i still wake up early. According to fitbit, i was restless 22 times last night.
    Like you Christine, I'm in control of schedule pretty much, which is why I'm able to grab a nap in the afternoon. Have you tried it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

ninerbuff wrote: »
    If i have a crappy nights sleep it is almost guaranteed that i'll be ravenous the next day, that coupled with less energy to exercise does not a good combination make.

It's so easy to say "just get more sleep", easier said than done.. I don't have small kids and i work from home, so i can get up what ever time i like, but i cant sleep past 4:30-5am and I'm usually asleep by 8pm. I have tried so many times to stay up later, but i still wake up early. According to fitbit, i was restless 22 times last night.
    Like you Christine, I'm in control of schedule pretty much, which is why I'm able to grab a nap in the afternoon. Have you tried it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yes I've tried, ive never been able to sleep during the day no matter how tired i am. I'm ok with it, I'm just grateful i don't have little kids to look after. I was a solid sleeper when my kids were young and struggled getting up in the mornings. Now that I'm able to sleep in, I cant lol

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    bump
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Dropping a leg, or some arms, is an overlooked but rapid route to pounds lost
    tiH8j23.gif
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    One strategy I used was when I started analyzing my own eating habits and realized I was snacking a lot when I watched TV (especially at night) so I made it a priority to watch less or none at all and do other activities instead. It really helped reduce my mindless snacking habit. Even watching videos online or surfing the internet doesn’t make me want to snack like watching TV does!
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2021
    NVM - didn’t realize I was replying to an ancient thread. Why do people keep doing this?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,954 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    NVM - didn’t realize I was replying to an ancient thread. Why do people keep doing this?

Most of the time, they're revived by a spam post that gets deleted but bumps the thread, or a new person doing a search.

This one was revived on purpose by the OP. It's probably just my weird world view, but that makes it seem like not a zombie thread, to me. 🤷‍♀️
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    33gail33 wrote: »

Most of the time, they're revived by a spam post that gets deleted but bumps the thread, or a new person doing a search.

This one was revived on purpose by the OP. It's probably just my weird world view, but that makes it seem like not a zombie thread, to me. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah for sure I see it often when a new person comes on and maybe does a search on a topic and an old thread pops up for them - but randomly reviving an old thread with no new comments or questions seems super odd to me. At any rate my reply was to someone who may not have been around for years so it was irrelevant anyway.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Watching coach Greg videos on youtube helps burn fat faster than last time

I LOVE coach greg!!!!!!!!!!!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    This is such a helpful thread, and I had not seen it before, so am glad to have it revived.