What are some small steps you have taken to improve your health?

I wanna hear about it! :)

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Are you writing a paper for a class project?
  • Not this time, I’m just curious to see if there’s anything I can add to for a better lifestyle :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Just being more active in life...not talking about "workouts" necessarily...just actively participating in life. Going on hikes...taking a nice walk with my travel mug of coffee and listening to the birds sing...riding my bike around to the store or to the coffee shop or just going for a ride...playing on the trampoline with my kids...doing some bouldering or rock climbing...playing with the kids in the pool...hitting the skate park with my kids on my trick scooter (even though I don't really do too many tricks), etc.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    I've started practicing mindfulness meditation and I'm happy to report that I haven't stabbed anyone in two weeks!

Jk
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    I have started making green smoothies for breakfast everyday morning .
    It's not as bad as I thought it would be .

mtvurb83r1h7.jpeg

Plus I am trying to eat apples every day .
  • DunkinAndDeadlifts
    DunkinAndDeadlifts Posts: 60 Member

Gallon of water every day, collagen, and finding outlets to relieve stress to maintain a healthy mental state. As women stress management is really important bc it screws with our hormones and cortisol levels which can affect weight loss.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I walk upstairs to refill my water cup at work, and effectively do a lap around the building a few times a day. The water cooler is about as far from my desk as it's possible to be within the building. I haven't taken the elevator in months.
  • I wanna hear about it! :)

Gallon of water every day, collagen, and finding outlets to relieve stress to maintain a healthy mental state. As women stress management is really important bc it screws with our hormones and cortisol levels which can affect weight loss.

Yesss I have been playing basketball and keeping busy to alleviate my stress!!
  • DunkinAndDeadlifts
    DunkinAndDeadlifts Posts: 60 Member

Yesss I have been playing basketball and keeping busy to alleviate my stress!!

Oooo, girl, I love basketball! I’ve been thinking about getting a group together where I live to play on Saturday's. Im 27 and still miss my basketball days something fierce. It’s great stress relief! Journaling and breathing exercises help a lot too!
  • Sully8331
    Sully8331 Posts: 18 Member
    No small steps here, been hard on my body for 30 years. Work-a-holic, unhealthy eating habits, smoker, hi stress levels. All that will lead to 4 heart attacks and diabetes. It did for me anyway. I want to Die Skinny and healthy.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    edited March 2021
    I ride a bike and walk everywhere most of the time. I just think its plain awesome and the ultimate self-reliant lifestyle...Around 350km of cycling weekly. Low fat, plant based diet.
  • nandhu82
    nandhu82 Posts: 3 Member
    Reading books is one thing that helped me a lot
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    small steps but going to be bigger as effects - better sleep , reading more motivational and self improvement books, improve my workout lists with songs
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,189 Member
    Lifting weights 3 times a week.