New to Myfitnesspal...

PunkinPi
PunkinPi Posts: 4
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! Im new to myfitnesspal and so far ive lost 12lbs. but i was wondering... is it normal to be hungry? i mean, im cutting my calories drastically. and i do try to snack, and drink plenty of water. but i do get hungry. is that ok? i dont want to starve myself. i know starvation isnt the way to lose weight and does more harm than good. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
PunkinPi
:-)

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    This help will help you tremendously.. Good luck and welcome.. You can add me as a friend if you would like for motivation !! :)
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Hi dear usually that means you need to up your calories well at least thats what it meant for me. Your body is telling you something.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Hello! Im new to myfitnesspal and so far ive lost 12lbs. but i was wondering... is it normal to be hungry? i mean, im cutting my calories drastically. and i do try to snack, and drink plenty of water. but i do get hungry. is that ok? i dont want to starve myself. i know starvation isnt the way to lose weight and does more harm than good. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    PunkinPi
    You probably have a very high metabolism rate. Cutting calories is one thing but you need to make sure you're still eating ENOUGH calories. This site is instrumental in helping calculate what your goals should be to lose weight. :happy:
  • xchinad0ll

Thanks,
    PunkinPi

or order a pizza an extra large pizza with ALL the toppings OH! and ice cream :)
  • tanyasch90
    tanyasch90 Posts: 15 Member
    hey there,
    i went through the same when i first started but now its become routine for me! if you are feeling really hungry try and snack on fruit etc and eat slowly. I know everyones different but it seemed to work for me so good luck!

Tanya :)
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    There is no reason to feel guilty about snacking. Read some diet books to see what snacks are allowed, like blueberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, even a small salad.
  • Ty u all for ur suggestions! i'll just snack on salad between snacks and meals... that'll help alot i think. its kinda hard relearning things u've been taught all ur life (3 meals a day) but im learning, and hopefully making progress! :tongue:
  • Hello! Im new to myfitnesspal and so far ive lost 12lbs. but i was wondering... is it normal to be hungry? i mean, im cutting my calories drastically. and i do try to snack, and drink plenty of water. but i do get hungry. is that ok? i dont want to starve myself. i know starvation isnt the way to lose weight and does more harm than good. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    PunkinPi

or order a pizza an extra large pizza with ALL the toppings OH! and ice cream :)

lol, thats NOT an option! lol :tongue:
  • No, it's not okay to be hungry. Any 'diet' that keeps you hungry is sure to fail. The most important thing is to not diet, but change your relationship for with food for the rest of your life.

Snacking is essential to a healthy diet, and when I say diet I mean what you eat on a daily basis, not something you do for a few weeks to drop weight. There are tons of healthy snacks to have, especially fruit and nuts.

Stay away from high fat snacks such as 'nutrition' bars, cheeses, starches, and things like that. The major problem with the MAD (Modern American Diet) is that we don't eat our fruits and veggies, so eat then during your snack.
  • xchinad0ll

Thanks,
    PunkinPi

HAHA i know :) glad you saw my humor in that.

lol, thats NOT an option! lol :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.