Maintenance-how long have you kept it off?

Options
I am about to start my maintaining phase, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a wee bit nervous. And tips/sucess stories from people who have hit a sweet spot with their maintenance? How often do you still log your calories?

Replies

• hlf30
    hlf30 Posts: 10
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel. Losing weight, while not easy, kind of makes sense - do lots, eat less. I have near panic attacks reaching my GW as I just have no idea where to go from there. I desperateIy want to keep the weight off - but I also want to have a bit of life back!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Been maintaning for a fortnight, I will let you know how I go.
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    It's always nice to feel like you're not alone :smile: ... I sorta have a plan: I'll keep logging everyday for a whole month and keep weekly weigh-ins. I plan to eat exactly the maintenance calories until I get the knack for it. I think weighing in once a week will work to keep me in check... I'm probably just way overthinking it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I wish I could tell you how to maintain but I'm not there yet.... I've been moving my goal weight down and my cals lost to 1/2 pound a week, so I'm working towards it!
    I'm pretty nervous too, and starting to feel as though the hardest part is in front of me - I know how to LOSE weight, I've done that before, but what I don't know is how to keep it up for the long term. How to not go back to my old bad habits of eating when I'm stressed or bored or sad or alone or just for the heck of it.
    I guess that's the next big challenge!
    Good luck :)
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    it will be a year in November. It is harder than you can imagine. sorry to say that, but this has been tougher than losing the 188 pounds. ! Good luck! ( I can talk more about it, but right now, I am going to bed) :drinker:
  • hlf30
    hlf30 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think the weigh ins are crucial - whenever I've regained weight before it's because I've buried my head in the sand and stopped looking at the scale, then before you know it you've undone it all!
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    @T: But you've done it for a year!!! Good on you!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    it will be a year in November. It is harder than you can imagine. sorry to say that, but this has been tougher than losing the 188 pounds. ! Good luck! ( I can talk more about it, but right now, I am going to bed) :drinker:

Oh dear.... not surprising to hear, but good to be forewarned. Thanks.
    And, well done!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight for my wedding in April 2010. I got to target about 2 weeks before the big day.
    I have managed to keep all the weight have give or take 3-4lbs. At the moment I could do with a couple of extra lbs off but im just glad I am now in control of my weight and don't let it get out of hand.

You will be fine hun, it can be abit daunting at first but you can do it xxx
  • orlandoashworth
    Options
    Good luck with keeping it off!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am about to start my maintaining phase, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a wee bit nervous. And tips/sucess stories from people who have hit a sweet spot with their maintenance? How often do you still log your calories?
    me too...and it is sooo scary!!!
    Will be intereseted in peoples advise....
  • tshird
    Options
    I have been maintaining for about 6 months now, and so far so good. I still log everything every day, so I get to treat myself every now and again if I have had a light day. It can be hard work keeping the discipline and I do fluctuate +/- 2 lbs during my weekly weigh in but over a month I still maintain my average.

Think positive and do not give up, you can do it too.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 5 weeks. My weight has stayed within +/- 1 pound. I log every day, and eat most of my exercise calories.
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining since June.

I log Mon-Fri, eat what I want at weekends and don't log and still weigh in at least once a week.

I eat around half of my exercise cals BUT no doubt eat more than them at weekends.

Did gain on holiday but lost it within a couple of weeks.