Sex is a form of cardio.

Why is “sex” listed as an activity for burning calories?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I've never seen it listed. Are you asking why it isn't? It doesn't burn that many calories. Most consider it part of their general activities.
  • JamalPollack
    JamalPollack Posts: 3 Member
    it is technically a form of cardio, however I personally don't count it because its hard to accurately calculate
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    1) Because somebody has a sense of humor.

2) Because some dude somewhere takes this all a little too seriously and is actually worried about how many calories he'll burn in 15 seconds. :D

24 seconds...

Warm-Up doesn't count!
  • runforthefunofitUK
    runforthefunofitUK Posts: 40 Member
    You can't wear a fitbit during it though, because it gets stuck in your partner's hair, so it doesn't count unfortunately ! :D
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I've never seen it listed. Are you asking why it isn't? It doesn't burn that many calories. Most consider it part of their general activities.

What's my activity level if...?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

What's my activity level if...?

That would depend on if you're effective or if it requires you to spend hours to get there. :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Why is “sex” listed as an activity for burning calories?

Everything burns calories...a rigorous roll in the hay is obviously going to burn calories, but given the average time per session, it's not going to be all that much.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    foaaucclfysa.jpg
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    It reminds me of boys in high school who would smirk and offer to help burn calories.