Where are the runners?

Options
I Would love to find a group of runners. Im having a hard time navigating through the fitness pal community. Is there anyone who could direct me on the right path?

Replies

• thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825967/march-2021-monthly-running-challenge#latest

A lot of them are in here, it's a pretty fast moving group though.

feel free to add me too :smile:
  • jillroy81
    jillroy81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! When I've tried to search for groups I always find outdated groups and no one has commented since like 2019.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    @jillroy81 Under Challenges, you'll see there's a monthly group called Monthly Running Challenge (see poster's mention above). The link for the new month is usually posted toward the end of the current month, so it is VERY active group.
    I always follow it, but haven't posted in awhile because I always felt so guilty because I would fall behind and not commenting on other people's posts. (it's my thing, no one made me feel that way.)
    It is a very encouraging group and I've noticed that many of the same people have been there for several years. It's my impression that runners of all distances and levels (for lack of a better term) participate and EVERYONE is so welcoming and encouraging. You'll find marathoners (and beyond) to people who are looking to get started.
    [I've been going through a hard time lately, and just reflecting on the positivity of that group and typing this description for you made me smile and makes me want to try and participate again. :) ]
  • jillroy81
    jillroy81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I did find it i haven't posted yet because it looks like its 100 mile challenge for the month. Im not quite at that level. My trainer is already about to kill me for going over 12 miles weekly 🤣
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Out running
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Not since I wore out my plantar plate. but enjoy it.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Lots of runners here. Welcome!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    jillroy81 wrote: »
    Thank you! I did find it i haven't posted yet because it looks like its 100 mile challenge for the month. Im not quite at that level. My trainer is already about to kill me for going over 12 miles weekly 🤣
    @jillroy81 you do not have to be at any level to participate in those running challenge threads. Everyone starts somewhere and that group welcomes new runners. There is no judgement, only encouragement.

I recommend closely reading the opening post in the running challenge thread to better understand the purpose of the challenge. Even walkers are welcome!

I began posting there just today after a nearly 4 year hiatus. I have similar weekly mileage (12) and mine is a combination of running and walking. :lol: Granted, when I used to haunt those threads regularly over 4 years ago I was one of the 100 milers, but I LOVED meeting new runners, as did everyone else there.

The absolute best part of those threads is the advice. If you ever have a running related question of any sort, you are most likely going to find the answer you need there.