jm216 Posts: 3,724 Member
    50z2kiedho9f.jpeg
  • jm216
    https://youtu.be/-4FprR_LNSU
    It’s 70 degrees outside!!!
  • jm216
    I don’t know about you, but I just love these memes!
    qujqt42mcnv6.jpeg
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    I’m ticked off at myself and the world. I kept to my calorie allowance, honestly journaled every bite, and was more active more consistently all week but the stupid scale shows 158.8. I’m back where I was more than a month ago! Grrrrr
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Last week was pretty good too. I didn't exercise on Monday which was busy at work but I did a strength training on Tuesday and long walks the rest of the week. My youngest has started to walk with me everyday which I love since they need the exercise and to get out in the sun. We won't have as nice weather this next week though.
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    An absolutely awesome start to my week.
    Tripped over last night and succeeded in breaking my elbow......
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »

oh no!!! hope it heals quickly!
  • azalea4175
    daydrem_dw wrote: »
    I’m ticked off at myself and the world. I kept to my calorie allowance, honestly journaled every bite, and was more active more consistently all week but the stupid scale shows 158.8. I’m back where I was more than a month ago! Grrrrr

scales are funny things!! know you are doing the right things for your body and keep being consistent. It will level out at some point. It is frustrating!!!
  • jm216
    cpnknight wrote: »

No!!!!
    I hope you’re healing quickly. 🥰
  • jm216
    KeriA wrote: »
    Last week was pretty good too. I didn't exercise on Monday which was busy at work but I did a strength training on Tuesday and long walks the rest of the week. My youngest has started to walk with me everyday which I love since they need the exercise and to get out in the sun. We won't have as nice weather this next week though.

We have to get outside when the sun is out!
    ☀️🚶‍♀️
  • jm216
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8
    February 28: 212
    March 7: 207.9
    March 14: 208.1

This week up .2 pounds
    Not too bad at all!

Exercise has been consistent and fun.
    Still trying to drink more water and stay within calorie goal. Creeping toward 200!

Have a great week!
  • KeriA
    @cpnknight sorry to hear about you elbow!

@jm216 yes you are making progress toward Onderland.

Well another day with sun and got out for a good walk with my youngest again today. This is great for us both. They did a bit of running as well. Mondays are the days that seem to be the hardest to take a break from work to get out and get moving. Hope to keep this up the rest of the week.
  • azalea4175
    hap2go wrote: »
    This week has been craptacular and its only Wednesday.

(PS mom is doing fine; they operated, installed three more pins in her body - bionic woman anyone? - and is in recovery at the ortho unit in hospital)

hope both your mom and dad are recovering nicely. So upsetting when our parents are ill, and we can't "fix" it. Hugs to you, be kind to yourself. You can only do so much at once. <3
  • jm216
    I hope all of the craziness of this week is behind us. Here is to a fun Friday... sneak some time in for yourself today. ❤️
  • azalea4175
    scale is finally starting to move - been about 3 weeks..... happy Friday!
  • dansemaillives
    dansemaillives Posts: 42 Member
    Hi all is it ok to join in here?

My name's Dan I'm 50 in October and started my weight loss journey 9 weeks ago. Starting weight was 289 lbs and I weighed this week at 276.5

Up until 2 weeks ago I had done this purely thinking about what I was eating and only between 0930 and 1730, but 2 weeks ago I joined here and I'm now watching calories and exercising every day.

Got to admit I'm a bit lost as don't seem to be eating enough calories, not eating my burned calories, and being told it's bad for me and I'm wrong! But I don't understand in reality as I feel ok, not hungry, getting much fitter and losing at (what I think) is a sensible rate?

Anyway hopefully I can pick up some help and motivation along the way and not be on my own wondering if I'm doing ok or not!

Thanks for reading!
  • KeriA
    edited March 2021
    Not a bad week last week. Yesterday (Saturday) I made up for missing last Monday exercise. Otherwise I got a walk or strength training each day. Yesterday we all (my youngest and husband) went for a walk along the waterfront with Marina and park. It was nice but I got weak on the way back. I decided it was that I hadn't eaten since brunch and needed some food. Our start was delayed and I think when we 1st were going I wasn't hungry but ran our of fuel later when we finally got going and were half way through. I have been walking for even longer with no problem so I don't think it was anything else. We got a snack on the way home and had a healthy salmon dinner later. I did some recalculations of my BMR and then decided to see what MFP recommends for 1 lb/week loss. It was between what I had set my calorie goal and some higher estimates so I decided to give MFP a chance again. I lost 20 lbs on its guidance the 1st time I signed on but then needed to raise my goal up to lose. I also tweeked some of my food logging as well. Right now I am near my low weight with this new scale so hopefully I will start down again like I did last spring.