I'm my own worst enemy

Options
I would like things to be different this time. I know what I need to do, but I sabotage myself every time. Working on the mental side of this too this time. I'm hoping accountability will help. I am tracking my food today, and heading to the gym, as well as journaling my feelings. Here's to a fresh start!

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    This site and MFP friends really helps me stay on track. Stay active on the site and help others. It really works. It will become what you make it. Most importantly to remember is You Can Do This!
  • bmayes
    Options
    I know what you mean - I do the same thing. We are here to support you!! Stay the course and BE POSITIVE. Fall down - get RIGHT back up! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • brooklyn518
    Options
    WELL TODAY YOUR YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND....FAILURE IS THE ROAD TO SUCCESS JUST KEEP ON TRYING
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...I too am my own worst enemy....I do well for a few days, then "reward" myself. But this time it will be different for me and for you too! Stay the course and ask yourself when tempted "is the momentary pleasure I get from eating this food really worth it in the end equation? I'm drinking lots more water now and find it actually does help. Here's to you and your new beginning!
  • sherab69
    sherab69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One trick helps me alot.
    Whenever I am tempted to buy fast food or eat something bad for me I think about how eating a clean food like fruit veggies or whole grain bread with PB will help build healthy cells in my body and give me fuel to last. and how the bad foods will actually break down cells in my body and do damage and make me feel worse in the long run. When you put food into that perspective it actually makes it very easy to stay on track! good Luck and never give up!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    utilise the notes box on your food diary page especially if you have your diary public, that way you know why you ate what you did and how you were feeling, but so do those that may also look at your diary which may help them support you better. i wish you every success with this i'm sure you can do it, and remember its a marathon not a sprint
  • krystalrose07
    Options
    I'm the same way. If I'm having a bad day I tend to comfort eat and ruin what I've been working towards. I am just taking one day at a time and trying not to wonder why I even bother when I do have my rough days. In the long run it's all got to be worth it. I find that MFP has helped me in the short time that I joined. I also find it helpful that I have shared this with my other friends who I know want to lose and they have joined as well. Never too much support in cases like this.
  • neclang
    Options
    thank you everyone, the support is great